3,000 missing last night.

My rag mate is convinced their attendances will go down to 55-60k next season.

sniff said:
TFC said:
This ^^^^

Threads about the 'decline' of the rags are getting a bit daft.

When they aren't one point off the pace at the top, in a cup final at our expense, and dont have the top goalscorer/player in the country banging goals in for fun...maybe then we can have a laugh at the fookers.

You all seem to have missed the point, it was just a chat about what people had heard. Its the whole point of a forum. good god this board need to lighten up

This and i'm an outsider who's only been here 5 minutes. ;-)

It is missing the point to say that 'they still got 70k', and it is surely fair game for discussion?

Not a 'hate them at all costs' type myself, but even I am sick of the armchair reds using the excuse that they can't get a ticket. We are reaching the point where they can't use it anymore, but all know they still will not go. Which is fine - if they don't want to go and prefer to watch it on the telly I have no problem with that, just be nice to see them fall off their high horse.

They will already be warming up the 'too expensive' excuse.

If they do hit the skids on the pitch over the next couple of years (which looks more than a possibility) their support could fall away quite dramatically. It will be interesting to see what happens if it does...

The biggest clubs have fallen away before, but suspect it could be a crash the like of which football has never seen.

sniff said:
mancity dan said:
^^^^this^^^^

get back in your box, is their anything wrong with laughing at the rags?????

i share a desk with a ST holder at the swamp, i dont ind saying i take great delight when he tells me this stuff

More intriguingly.............how did ya get a desk into the Swamp for you and your mate??

:-)

Come on guys, take off the blue tinted glasses its fair enough...

...the tourists can't be expected to buy tickets for midweek games aswell as weekend matches. I'm shocked that over 60,000 of them managed to get there!

SalfordCityBlue said:
It is missing the point to say that 'they still got 70k', and it is surely fair game for discussion?

Not a 'hate them at all costs' type myself, but even I am sick of the armchair reds using the excuse that they can't get a ticket. We are reaching the point where they can't use it anymore, but all know they still will not go. Which is fine - if they don't want to go and prefer to watch it on the telly I have no problem with that, just be nice to see them fall off their high horse.

If they do hit the skids on the pitch over the next couple of years (which looks more than a possibility) their support could fall away quite dramatically. It will be interesting to see what happens if it does...

The biggest clubs have fallen away before, but suspect it could be a crash the like of which football has never seen.

While one of our great counter-arguments over the years with rags has been the "can't getta ticket, mate" mentality of all the pub watching, armchair sitting "followers" of the club... I think we can no longer use this one anymore.

I've read on this very site on a number of occasions that the measure of being a supporter isn't actually in going to the games, and if you can't make it to the match, then fellow fans can't question as they don't know the absentee's circumstances.

If we don't expect our fans to turn up for the matches then how can we take the piss out of rags who don't either?

My mate's a season ticket holder at OT, and he reckon's there was no where near 73,000 last night, more like 65. and yes i do find that amusing!!

Soulboy said:
SalfordCityBlue said:

While one of our great counter-arguments over the years with rags has been the "can't getta ticket, mate" mentality of all the pub watching, armchair sitting "followers" of the club... I think we can no longer use this one anymore.

I've read on this very site on a number of occasions that the measure of being a supporter isn't actually in going to the games, and if you can't make it to the match, then fellow fans can't question as they don't know the absentee's circumstances.

If we don't expect our fans to turn up for the matches then how can we take the piss out of rags who don't either?

Ive been a blue 18 years now mate, i now live in Norway and have only been over for one game this season.
But between the age of 7 -20, I think I have been to enough games to take the piss out of armchair fans!!!

Soulboy said:

I'm not taking the piss out of them for not going - I am just glad that it seems they will now have to shut the fuck up about how they 'can't get a ticket otherwise they'd be there like they were in Barcelona' or whatever...

I also don't care particularly if a City fan offers an opinion on a game they have seen on TV but weren't actually there - to suggest their opinion is any less valid than a match goer is daft, as in the immediate aftermath they probably have a more informed view due to optimum viewing angles and replays etc.

Me? I will always choose to go ahead of watching on TV. Had an ST for years and can't see me giving it up in a hurry, but at the prices they charge for football now the whole 'loyalty, have to be there to be called a supporter' thing has gone for me.

If I ever get priced out of football (or more likely, move away) I will still be a City fan and won't apologise for calling myself one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.