3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

Cityinmyheart

After watching today game I really think that by playing this formation we are badly
exposed to counter attacks....Though we conceded both goals on set pieces but I still think there should be more protection for back four and we were lucky to only concede 2...First thing that baffles me is why we have abandoned 4-2-2-2 that worked wonders last season....I know some may argue that we need something different for Champions league but we dint do that bad at it last year as we got 10 points in possibly the hardest group....Anyway it's just my opinion feel free to reply..

We're open to counters because we're slow. Yaya is exhausted after... pretty much everything. So we have Milner, NDJ, and Kola protecting the back 3. Slow, moderately slow, slow.

dont understand myself i accept it packs the midfield a bit more but our players are still getting used to the change so why take the risk at liverpool we were exposed at times, i would have thought 3-5-2 would be ok at home and away to the likes of fulham and qpr, its not broke mancini so dont try fixing it please go back to four at the back

3 at the back produces crazy games, just ask napoli, every game ends about 5-5

Adam-mcfc said:
We're open to counter attacks in all formations.

We miss Barry

Make no difference if Barry plays or not in a 3 5 2

In a 3 5 2 there will be lots of space for wingers to run into and attack and to counter that the 3 need to be mobile to get themselves around the park to cover space

Kolo aint mobile
Zab aint that mobile

It was utter madness to go with such a formation and our centre backs aint good enough to play it - maybe Mancini was making a point i dont know but he is seriouslt fucking about with team selection and formation

Blue Haze said:
We're open to counters because we're slow. Yaya is exhausted after... pretty much everything. So we have Milner, NDJ, and Kola protecting the back 3. Slow, moderately slow, slow.
we are open to counters because we attack with 8 players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.