3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

brummie blue said:
best defence in the league last season, why change it
i would say giving up 2 against southampton is worse than 2 against lpool

buckshot said:
I agree. Four at the back is the norm for a reason, it works.
Not only that, players are taught (at least in this country) from the start playing as youths that there is a pair of fullbacks and as a centre half you work with someone else. Most defenders work the best in this way, and 3 proper centre backs get crowded. It's well and good to have a fullback who gets forward but to line up a winger and expect him to be as good defensively as a proper defender is not right. It'll take a lot of work to change this, if it is even possible. Personally I think that a back 4 and someone like Nige infront and in the middle is best. Gives players like Kolarov chance to get forward at times without being too exposed. The responsibility is still there for the fullbacks to defend, rather than both getting forward and leaving it to 3 CB's in a 352/532, who may not know how to properly manage attacks from the flanks.

brummie blue said:
best defence in the league last season, why change it

True, but 3 quarters of that defence is injured or spending time with the new baby. The 3-4-1-2 leaves the guy just behind the strikers under a ridiculous amount of pressure, Nasri was snuffed out after 15 mins today.

The amount of times today the back 3 followed the ball was shameful. All 3 of them between the touch line and the near post leaving players in the middle or/and at the far post unmarked, I was shocked professional footballers could do it repeatedly. We got away with one today.

didn't work today, should of gone back to basics after HT.

Was disappointed to see Yaya in such a defensive role, i would of had Rodwell with NDJ with Yaya playing further forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.