3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

Mr. Aguia said:
Blue Heaven said:
If you're going to implement a 3-5-2, then you have to drill the players in that formation for an entire preseason. Our defenders clearly do not know how to properly play this formation - isn't that obvious?

That being said, the 3-5-2 switch is not why we lost this fixture, as we also seem quite confused playing formations with four at the back.

Who is Angelo Gregucci and what is his role in all of this???

I disagree because as soon as we went to a back 3 we all the momentum. I thought we dominated most of the game till that point. It was a total panic move to go to a back 3 and the team lost all confidence after that move. Clichy isn't a cb so I don't know why Mancini insists on forcing players into roles they aren't comfortable with. Kolo can't play a back 3. Lescott can't play a back 3. Zab can't play a back 3. So if going to a back 3 was a possibility then he should have had Nastasic in the starting lineup. I'm not a fan of the back 3 but if they are going to go to it then you have to have the right players on the pitch.

Im not sure if you are having a laugh or you are serious.

What type of domination did you see?? We dominated probably 20mins out of 95 in total for the whole night!!

Mancini - ohhh said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Blue Heaven said:
If you're going to implement a 3-5-2, then you have to drill the players in that formation for an entire preseason. Our defenders clearly do not know how to properly play this formation - isn't that obvious?

That being said, the 3-5-2 switch is not why we lost this fixture, as we also seem quite confused playing formations with four at the back.

Who is Angelo Gregucci and what is his role in all of this???

I disagree because as soon as we went to a back 3 we all the momentum. I thought we dominated most of the game till that point. It was a total panic move to go to a back 3 and the team lost all confidence after that move. Clichy isn't a cb so I don't know why Mancini insists on forcing players into roles they aren't comfortable with. Kolo can't play a back 3. Lescott can't play a back 3. Zab can't play a back 3. So if going to a back 3 was a possibility then he should have had Nastasic in the starting lineup. I'm not a fan of the back 3 but if they are going to go to it then you have to have the right players on the pitch.

Im not sure if you are having a laugh or you are serious.

What type of domination did you see?? We dominated probably 20mins out of 95 in total for the whole night!!
I'd say 20 mins total from all 3 group games.

Unfortunately you have to find the right formation for a group of players.
And not to try an extreme formation with a group of players who clearly not familiar with it.

Napoli and Juventus both have hard working midfielders with big engine real workhorses with pace, skill on the ball etc. Barry/Milner are the weak versions of this without pace.

They also have fullbacks with great technique and crossing ability but defensively aware players. Maggio and Lichteiners are like this.

Juventus als have a deep lying playmaker in Pirlo who was essential in their success last year. As we saw it in the Euros Pirlo was dictating the tempo, he kept the ball well he is old, slow but has fantastic technique, they make sure he doesnt have to run because there are runners next to him (in Juve Vidal, Gyan or Marchisio) he just has to dictate a tempo with his very good passing skills not mentioning his great long passes.

Their defenders also are good on the ball not great but good. Defensively very good tho.

Our defenders in Lescott and Kompany are not that good with the ball. Kompany can do some tricks but his passing? When he has to pass not sidewys or back he is struggling with passing.

The ball actually hates Lescott. We see it every time.
abba/Clichy are not centerbacks. They are fullbacks. Not wingbacks and not centerbacks!

We completely miss the fast runners from the midfield. The payers that has the pace energy to press opponents and be part of attacks/counters from the midfield.
We have Yaya, who can be useful, but do we really wanna build a formation around players who are nowhere near up to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.