3-5-2 leaves us badly open to counter attacks....

It's just not working for us, I don't see the benefit. A 3 man defense takes a lot of work to perfect, it's not something you can chop and change easily. It seemed obvious Clichy was not comfortable with the switch.

Mancini looked how Napoli deployed the system and formation and thought he could adopt it at City. A dangerous policy and so far it is leaving us wide open.

Are defenders are bloody clueless when it comes to defending in a 3-5-2.

Yes, it leaves us more vulnerable to counters. But it's suppose to drop to a 5-3-2 when we're defending which makes it harder to break us down. Instead we usually end up defending with a jagged 4-4-2 because the players just don't get it.

If you're going to implement a 3-5-2, then you have to drill the players in that formation for an entire preseason. Our defenders clearly do not know how to properly play this formation - isn't that obvious?

That being said, the 3-5-2 switch is not why we lost this fixture, as we also seem quite confused playing formations with four at the back.

Who is Angelo Gregucci and what is his role in all of this???

Ray78 said:
Mancini looked how Napoli deployed the system and formation and thought he could adopt it at City. A dangerous policy and so far it is leaving us wide open.
In the Champions League we have looked vulnerable. I wouldn't say we have in the Premiership.

And WBA with 11 against a 10 man City is a tougher proposition than Ajax. Is it a mental thing? That last minute defeat at the Bernabeu put the skids under us. However still time to put it right, and a win will get us going

worst formation i've ever witnessed in my entire life.

Doesn't work in England, and doesn't work in Europe.

Everyone including Stevie Wonder knows it fails, everything but Mancini.

I honestly wonder what goes through his head at times.

Blue Heaven said:
If you're going to implement a 3-5-2, then you have to drill the players in that formation for an entire preseason. Our defenders clearly do not know how to properly play this formation - isn't that obvious?

That being said, the 3-5-2 switch is not why we lost this fixture, as we also seem quite confused playing formations with four at the back.

Who is Angelo Gregucci and what is his role in all of this???

I disagree because as soon as we went to a back 3 we all the momentum. I thought we dominated most of the game till that point. It was a total panic move to go to a back 3 and the team lost all confidence after that move. Clichy isn't a cb so I don't know why Mancini insists on forcing players into roles they aren't comfortable with. Kolo can't play a back 3. Lescott can't play a back 3. Zab can't play a back 3. So if going to a back 3 was a possibility then he should have had Nastasic in the starting lineup. I'm not a fan of the back 3 but if they are going to go to it then you have to have the right players on the pitch.

Freestyler said:

What rubbish, it's a great formation if you have the right players, we currently do not.

The most recent success story of it is Napoli.

WNRH said:
Freestyler said:

What rubbish, it's a great formation if you have the right players, we currently do not.

The most recent success story of it is Napoli.

and what have they won in europe with it?

it's awful, no team ever uses it much now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.