3 ex players who would have made us great

Its always difficult comparing players from different eras, but here goes anyway:

Joe Mercer regularly described Colin Bell as "the best 3 men on the park ...the best forward ...the best midfielder ...the best defender". He earned the nickname Nijinski because of his stamina. (yyt wouln't get many games).

Alan Oakes was always Mr Consistency, and cousin Glynn Pardoe was great too.

Summerbee - for width
Bell - for drive
Doyle - for steel

Not necessarily our all time 3 best players (although Bell definitely) but would significantly improve our current squad.

De Jong
Adam Johnson - great substitute and someone we've missed badly this year when we needed someone to come on and do something.
Vieira in his prime would have been good.

In some respects, Tevez and Lee are similar. Both barrel chested hustlers. It seems that way to me, and when I see Tevez in full flow, it does remind me of Lee.

My favourite player from the past was Buzzer, and to see him dancing down the wing, head and shoulders bobbing up and down, would be poetry in motion.

He is my choice, but I would also shove Dave Watson in as well.

Nothing got past him, in the air or on the ground.

Those two would give us a boost.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 am --<br /><br />In some respects, Tevez and Lee are similar. Both barrel chested hustlers. It seems that way to me, and when I see Tevez in full flow, it does remind me of Lee.

My favourite player from the past was Buzzer, and to see him dancing down the wing, head and shoulders bobbing up and down, would be poetry in motion.

He is my choice, but I would also shove Dave Watson in as well.

Nothing got past him, in the air or on the ground.

Those two would give us a boost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.