3 ex players who would have made us great

Sorry to piss on everybody's Chips but even the Sheik wouldn't have been able to afford King Colin in his prime. Sadly he's in Spain keeping the diving cheat Biscuits out of the Barca side !

Anyway - if money is no object;

Colin Bell obviously.
David White for his Goals and speed, the wide forward that we need.
Asa Hartford. We now have drive,passing,Goals and another Zabaleta who would die for the shirt.

You were a fine wicket keeper jack ;). To be fair Bell would be the first name on the team sheet every week. I've posted about 5 different 3's, and you could go on and on, as we've had many fine players ( many of whom, todays bunch couldn't hold a torch to ). Who would your 3 be Jack ?.<br /><br />-- Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 pm --<br /><br />Asa Hartford brilliant player.

mscenterh750 said:
You were a fine wicket keeper jack ;). To be fair Bell would be the first name on the team sheet every week. I've posted about 5 different 3's, and you could go on and on, as we've had many fine players ( many of whom, todays bunch couldn't hold a torch to ). Who would your 3 be Jack ?.

-- Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:08 pm --

Asa Hartford brilliant player.[
well sir i have to say i would loved to have seen dave watson partner vinny at centre half,colin in midfield and my favorite ever city player franny lee.i also had a soft spot for asa,buzzer,owen and alan oakes rarely had a bad game.

From what my dad has said of Dave Watson, he and Vinny would have been like the rock of Gibraltar !. I think Garry Flitcroft would've made a difference to the midfield we have now. I wish I could've witnessed messers Bell, Lee, Summerbee, Oakes, Young and Doyle in the flesh, to really appreciate how good they were, rather than clips of DVDs and what I've been told off my dad and god father Glyn Pardoe.

older blues will remember what happened when john bond brought in 3 players at one go,we shot up the league and had a trip to the fa cup final.they were bobby mac donald at left back the little snapper gerry gow and the twinkle feet of tommy hutchinson,could be just what we need now. rip john bond

Colin Bell, must be. Plus Tueart on the wing would provide plenty of good quality crosses for the front two and could score himself. Doyle was hard as nails but could play a bit too, he'd be useful beside Vinnie.

Summerbee, Peter Barnes for the width that we need and Colin bell for his engine and calming influence when were under some pressure. Loved Franny lee but he's too much like Sergio, powerful, fast and an excellent goalscorer.

I'd love to ship nasri out for kinky. Bernabia at his peak would be a wonder to see. Colin is the obvious suggestion.

I'd love to be able to say I saw the great players from earlier in our history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.