3 ex players who would have made us great

can only comment on players ive seen

.............................................hart
zab/richards.........kompany....................nastasic..........clichy
.........................................de jong
................................toure..............bernarbia
.................silva................................................kinkladze
.........................................aguero

Well, cut off my leg and call me Long John Silver!
At last someone who writes "would have" and not "would of".
All right then call me Long John Silver and a grammar fascist to boot.
I blame Steve McDonald for this creeping "of" misuse.

Mancini would love to have a player like Summerbee. Could play him wide, as a striker or in midfield, all in the same game.

I think Tueart would also have fitted in nicely with our current squad.

Bell would be an automatic choice of course.

mscenterh750 said:
Glyn Pardoe ( he's my god parent, so he gets in !).
Paul Lake ( could play anywhere and was pure unadulterated class ).
Paul Stewart ( worked his taters off and knew where the onion bag was ).

As a fourth option, I'd have David White ( pace to burn and again knew where the onion bag was , or David Phillips ( great engine and could score goals ).
really no colin bell?yet david phillips gets a mention,and if were going for a big centre forward,joe royle or the rock hard wyn davies,its all about opinon i suppose.

Certainly is all about opinion, and the reason I've not included Bell, Lee or Summerbee in any of my 3's, is purely that they would walk into our side, and many others will put those names in, I'm just looking at other options that would help ( Phillips was a goal scoring box to box mid ), as for big Joe, I never saw him play, but I saw Paul Stewart many a time and he was brilliant.

mscenterh750 said:
Certainly is all about opinion, and the reason I've not included Bell, Lee or Summerbee in any of my 3's, is purely that they would walk into our side, and many others will put those names in, I'm just looking at other options that would help ( Phillips was a goal scoring box to box mid ), as for big Joe, I never saw him play, but I saw Paul Stewart many a time and he was brilliant.
fair comment and i have to say paul stewart was a fine player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.