3 | Ruben Dias - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it is me but he appears worse as the RCB. Although he is right footed.

Personally, would rather see Ake and Stones at centre half when all fit.

Anyone know if he has been playing with an injury or niggle?

In the one on one running back to goal, it’s clear he runs across the path of the forward, because he was expecting Ortega to keep coming out (he had rushed forward, but stopped!) as Ederson would have done.

When Ortega stopped, And Dias had stopped hunting the ball and was merely attempting to slow down the player for the keeper’s clearance, it made Dias look REALLY bad that the player got to the ball.

All that said, it is clear he is not operating at the levels we have previously seen from him and rather than being 1 or 2 in the pecking order with Stones, the fitness, availability, and performances of Akanji & Ake are making it very difficult for him to nail down a spot in the starting XI.
Think trying to blame the keeper was a proper cop out from him. He should have dealt with it but looks like he’s running in treacle

Not sure if it is me but he appears worse as the RCB. Although he is right footed.

Personally, would rather see Ake and Stones at centre half when all fit.

Anyone know if he has been playing with an injury or niggle?
Yep, noticed this with him early on. Yes useless at RCB. First prolonged dip in form for us this, a bit reminiscent of how Laporte lost his mojo a bit - I still think Ruben will come good, but the first time I've wondered about him

Definitely better as a left centre back. Clearly they are two different positions in. Getting your angles and distances right when you change over can take a while or you're not necessarily going to be as good. At a much lower level and even now in walking footy I prefer being on the left and I'm a right footer. It's quite an adjustment and not as easy as some might imagine, swapping sides.

Another game and another Dias disaster class. Was never quick but looks woefully short now.

Really worried about him

Won't win anything without a true leader in the centre of our defence and at the moment he's not that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.