3 | Ruben Dias - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t be overly critical as he was up against what we have struggled with all season: pace. Got caught out early then the loss of Ederson threw the whole defence, with Dias dropping a yard to give himself a chance in the recovery, even though that made playing offside harder.

Looks like he is running in treacle at the moment opposing forwards outpacing him , he has always been able to keep up with forwards but not sure if he has underlying fitness issues but it looks like he has lost a yard of pace and forwards are getting the better of him. If all the centre backs are fit then he isnt first choice at the moment , it would Stones & Akanji

Glad I'm not alone in thinking that. Outside of a bad touch in the buildup to their second goal-I thought he played well.
Had an impossible task really. Play a high line against isak and watch the forwards (doku mainly) turn the ball over for a quick transition.

second half we were much better as a unit and removed the threat. But after the first goal, i agree he was decent.

Had an impossible task really. Play a high line against isak and watch the forwards (doku mainly) turn the ball over for a quick transition.

second half we were much better as a unit and removed the threat. But after the first goal, i agree he was decent.
Indeed, that's why I firmly believe that Akanji is our most underrated player. He may not be flawless, but his speed is invaluable to our defense, especially as Walker seems to have slowed down. In contrast, Ake, Dias, and Gvaridol are all relatively slow and rely more on their IQ.

Indeed, that's why I firmly believe that Akanji is our most underrated player. He may not be flawless, but his speed is invaluable to our defense, especially as Walker seems to have slowed down. In contrast, Ake, Dias, and Gvaridol are all relatively slow and rely more on their IQ.
yes, there are games Akanji is great for. Bayern, liverpool, spurs, newcastle…teams who break and use the channels. Hes superb defending against that.
Brentford, Everton etc…teams who use aerial bombardment, he should be left on the bench.

Another game and another Dias disaster class. Was never quick but looks woefully short now.

Give over.

He was often the only one back. Did well considering the high line we were playing and Doku etc needlessly giving the ball away.

Dias is fine. Sure he isn't super speedy. Others can cover for that.

He's still a superb defender and a leader.

When Rodri had a go at Ortega, Dias quickly stepped in. High-fived Ortega and brushed Roodri away.

Dias isn't only great for his footballing skills, he's the best leader of the squad.

#DiasForCaptain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.