30 mil + milner for bale

Although not obvious, this topic has already been reported and suitably debated ad infinitum <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=218502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=218502</a>. My take is that Roberto is just playing mind games to encourage Bale not to play his best and prevent his future club qualifying for CL football.

allan harper said:
OrigamiNinja said:
I dont believe it is true but what annoys me is why did we spend £25ish million on Milner, a centre midfielder, to play him on the left wing? We could have gone for Bale instead at the end of last season and got him, a left winger, for £30 million.

I thought we did go for Bale but missing out on champions league runners up league meant we missed out on a few signings.

You are probably correct however he is not the only left winger we could have gone for. The Milner transfer has been yet another complete disaster.

I'd be annoyed if Milner left and I don't think it likely. He needs to play in that CM role and I see him as a replacement for Barry over the next year or so. Also, he is contributing to the home-grown numbers which we aren't well stocked with although I think Bale would count under them also.

Sends completely the wrong message if we buy Milner one season, play him out of position and then sell him a year later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.