31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That stat can be misleading. Seeing as we boss possession in just about every game we play, I'd expect our goals against column to be pretty good.
The same can be said avout the shots to save stats as well or anyother stat that has been mentioned in the thread. By next season he would be back top of his game and I still maintain that there isn't perfect keeper outhere and it wouldn't a significant improvement on Eddy. Changing the coaches will not help either. It is is down to Eddy alone to get back.

The same can be said avout the shots to save stats as well. By next season he would be back top of his game and I still maintain that there isn't perfect keeper outhere and it wouldn't a significant improvement on Eddy. Changing the coaches will not help either. It is is down to him alone to get him back.
He'll need to up his game just to save shots in training. Heard the new lad is a decent finisher.

Some matches he’s not made an error with the goals he’s concede, but you’d expect better or hope for a decent to top class save to occur and pull us out of it.

I don’t feel tha if we face a barrage of shots in a game, that we’ll escape unscathed. Even in the Champions League when you might only face one or two top class efforts, do we expect him to pull it out of the bag and see us through most of the time?
No,because he is usually loitering on edge of box,basically leaving an open goal,worrying

Most games,he has fuck all to do,and a bit of boredom creeps in,convinced of it,but when he does have to switch on he seems to concede piss poor goals,scuffed shots etc

Got sent a video doing the rounds of his fuck ups and when you see them,wow,there are some bad ones,but like i said on here on this thread a few week ago,getting more worrying game by game.
Do you have a video of all of his saves and all of the sweeping that saves goals ?

Just asking

He didnt know it was offside , he makes great saves but is thrown uder the bus with patched up defenders in front of him

What's this patched up defenders chat though,they play for Manchester City,this isn't Port Vale or Newport County ffs,the keeper has to do his job,when any defence is breached,simple as,and when they are we unfortunately seem to concede.

Remember him throwing it out at the swamp,straight to a rag,and it was in back of our net within 5 seconds,he's good,but not as good as a lot seem to make out that he is

As I suggested in my earlier post, goalkeeping stats are at the very least, dubious. They give no indication of the type, power, direction etc of the shots faced by any goalkeeper, or of the degree of luck involved.

In my opinion, stats are bullshit aimed at giving pundits something else to go on about at length. You can only really judge a goalkeeper with the your eyes... it's all subjective. Was it a good save or a lucky save? Did they make a mistake? Was it a weak shot or a 'thunderbastard' (to use current terminology)?

The only person Ederson has to convince is Pep. Personally, I think we could do better than Ederson. So do many others it would seem. At the end of the day, we're just punters with differing opinions on many things.
Yeah. Well i'm probably with Pep on this. The stats were being used to criticise Ederson when they showed the opposite. Hence my post.

Do you have a video of all of his saves and all of the sweeping that saves goals ?

Just asking

I didn't want to receive the video of the howlers,but as it was fairly long it was so called worthwhile,as for a video with his saves,well as the thread is discussing,(although as per it is going completely over your head again) there wouldn't be that many to see that outweigh the bad ones,as like i said to you 10 mins ago,we have a defensive line that play for Manchester City.

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.