31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say I want him out, I just don't like seeing excuses being made about his shot stopping. It's becoming a bigger and bigger problem for us and we can't keep denying it.
They aren't excuses they are black and white facts as the stats show.

Hope he stays with us for the rest of his career, he's important to the way we play.
Should still be working on his shot stopping though

His strength is his coolness ( usually) under pressure and passing, which for the most part is good. His shot saving for me has gone backwards. He seems to have stalled in improving which is a bit of a worry.

It's a risk with any keeper at any level. Once they get doubts in their head, they make minor adjustments to their game and that's when they start to make mistakes. Over-coaching almost certainly makes things even worse, and there's no place to hide.

Happens with every keeper. Some get over it quickly (eg Shilton, Clemence), Some slowly (eg Joe Hart), Some not at all (eg Karius).

No disrespect to any goalkeepers out there, but the general 'rule' is that the thicker they are, the less they think about it, and the quicker they get over it.

Ederson is obviously going to be Pep's number one choice as long as he's here, so let's hope he's one of the thicker ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.