31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m guessing you didn’t see Pope in midweek, some of the saves he made he had no right to make.

But he can’t play out from the back so wouldn’t fit our team.

I just wish Ederson would improve his shot stopping to previous levels. He’s conceded 4 of the last 5 shots on target he’s faced.
I agree he's had a down year but I still personally trust him to make the necessary saves.

Let's hope he bounces back next season.

Whoever plays as goalkeeper in a Pep team is going to be left exposed and Ederson often is. I'm not sure a better spot-stopping goalkeeper could have saved either of todays goals. For the first one, he is covering the near post and a driven cross but the cross is a good one out of his reach and Cash gets a run on Cancelo, giving him a free header that he directed with power into the far post - Ederson had no chance of getting across. The second - Coutinho's first touch puts him in on goal, he can go either way and drills it with power and precision as a player of his ability should - a goalkeepers only chance there is a poor shot.

But what Ederson gives us is so many more attacking options - did you see Villa's attempts to play out from the back with a keeper who cant pass? Have you seen Allison play for Liverpool? he can be pressured into mistakes. We could not play the way we play without Ederson - and that means we need to accept that too often shots on target will result in goals against.

Christ on a bike. We have just won the PL under the most amazing circumstances and some want to slag off Eddie.
He is a goalkeeper not a magician and had no chance with either villa goals.

don’t talk shite mate ,
He got a hand to the header and a not fingertips a full hand he should be saving that.

Whoever plays as goalkeeper in a Pep team is going to be left exposed and Ederson often is. I'm not sure a better spot-stopping goalkeeper could have saved either of todays goals. For the first one, he is covering the near post and a driven cross but the cross is a good one out of his reach and Cash gets a run on Cancelo, giving him a free header that he directed with power into the far post - Ederson had no chance of getting across. The second - Coutinho's first touch puts him in on goal, he can go either way and drills it with power and precision as a player of his ability should - a goalkeepers only chance there is a poor shot.

But what Ederson gives us is so many more attacking options - did you see Villa's attempts to play out from the back with a keeper who cant pass? Have you seen Allison play for Liverpool? he can be pressured into mistakes. We could not play the way we play without Ederson - and that means we need to accept that too often shots on target will result in goals against.
Whilst I agree about the way we play and the impact how can you say he had no chance of getting across for the first goal. He literally got a hand to it - the problem was it wasn't strong enough. And the second one he assumed Coutinho was putting it to his left so was flat footed. He fits our team perfectly with the way he plays but as a shot stopper he is in my opinion less than average. He commands his area well, and reads the through balls (usually) well, but he couldn't save if he was put in a bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.