31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can easily win the Champions League with him in the team and we probably will.

I think a lot of people, still, despite the evidence, seem to think that winning football matches is about having the best players in each respective position, get too hung up on looking at what other clubs have and think it's simply a case of slotting in some top quality keeper from Serie A or some winger with an amazing first touch from a relegation candidate.

There's absolutely no problem with pointing out where our players need to improve or saying when they're out of form but when you get into hyperbole about a player who has been the mainstay of our success during the Pep era, you need to have a serious think about whether or not you're as on the ball as you think you are.

The guy has undeniably added to a serious winning culture at the club, whether or not he's been pulling off quality saves every week.

The proof is in the pudding.

If you want to bend over backwards to talk about how we've won everything in spite of him or how we can't win a particular trophy because of him then knock yourself out but some things are too silly to not pull up.

So, again, you don't think Ederson has ever looked calm?
We have been telling that for years and still zero effects. I don't think so. For me, he is a huge problem in terms of winning CL. Simply lack quality in terms of stopping 1 vs 1 or shots. Conceding 6 goals against Madrid is ridiculous and he is partly guilty of that.

Alisson is a way better keeper than Ederson. End of the story. Anyone who is watching football will admit it. Ederson's nervousness, lack of communication, easy mistakes, and inability to make sometimes simple saves has cost us the Champions League. And he has never looked like a clever, calm guy which is very important in terms of a world-class goalkeeper.

I have only seen two posts from you, and both are highly critical of our players. This one is completely false and the other premature, in my opinion. If you are a genuine City fan, you are very impatient with your own.

Alisson is a way better keeper than Ederson. End of the story. Anyone who is watching football will admit it. Ederson's nervousness, lack of communication, easy mistakes, and inability to make sometimes simple saves has cost us the Champions League. And he has never looked like a clever, calm guy which is very important in terms of a world-class goalkeeper.
You’re about as convincing as a “City fan” as Stevie G is as a manager.

No, it says I’m not full of blue bias. It also says it’s unlikely you watched many of Liverpool’s games this season.

You’re remembering one bad game that Alisson had against City in the season prior to the one just ended.

Alisson made more saves, had more touches, had a higher save percentage, completed more passes and had the same amount of unsuccessful short passes and virtually the same pass completion percentage. Opta also rated him substantially higher

View attachment 44450

That doesn’t mean I want Ederson to leave, it means that he can improve.

By the way, for context, neither get anywhere near the top 30 PL all time save percentages on record (Cezh at 90% in 2005 holes the record), and to make the top 30, a save percentage of 80% is needed.

Ederson shared the golden glove, although he made 60 saves (20th highest) in 38 games, compared with 148 for the Leeds keeper.

View attachment 44451
There are a great many better shot stoppers in the PL, none (or perhaps only one) of whom could do the job City require of their keepers.
The stats a quite misleading. It shows only 60 saves from Ederson but from how many shots?
It shows Illan Meslier as top shot stopper but he conceded the second most goals in the league at 79.

I hate to say it, but you are spot on.

Last edited:
End of the day ederson is not the best shot saving keeper in the premier league and he can be rash at times but his ball control and distribution is second to none . Do I think Allison is a better shot stopper than ederson probably I wouldn’t swap him for anyone but I do l think he needs serious competition if only to take his game even higher .

I have only seen two posts from you, and both are highly critical of our players. This one is completely false and the other premature, in my opinion. If you are a genuine City fan, you are very impatient with your own.
He's a Rag/Dipper. Move on.

The stats a quite misleading. It shows only 60 saves from Ederson but from how many shots?
It shows Illan Meslier as top shot stopper but he conceded the second most goals in the league at 79.

The stats aren’t misleading at all because they’re only there to show the amount of saves made. Fwiw, Ederson saved 60 and faced 83 with a shot save percentage of 69.77%.

It’s immaterial how many Meslier faced as no one suggested he’s a better keeper in any respect, but showing shots saved goes some way to dismiss the myth that the keeper than wins the golden glove is automatically the best shot stopper. It can simply mean they face the fewest shots.

because I genuinely think he is not good at shot stopping. And I thought this was a forum for views? Not sure if the forum will survive if everyone comes up with 100% facts. Also, I don't need to watch full match videos - I have only missed 2 games all season and (pre Covid) 1 the season before last for example. He has some great aspects to his game but I think he is comfortably below average at shot stopping.
So all you had to do was say that, the ott bank joke totally detracted from your genuine opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.