31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts absolutely disagree. See above. I watched every Liverpool game this season and he was very good, as he usually is. Which is why he has many more Brazil caps than Ederson.

He has more caps for Brazil as he's a better all round keeper, there is no doubting that. Ederson is perfect for a Pep team and in a way is a luxury player as he needs to be in a team that dominates the ball to get the best out of him.

However Alisson's distribution is terrible. Stats are a good starting point but don't tell the whole picture, yes it may say he makes successful passes but some of those are putting his defenders under pressure as he hasn't a scooby what to do when the ball is at his feet.

He's had some high profile fuck ups like against us but there has been many times he has gotten away with it as he has the best defence man for man in europe in front of him.

He will fuck up with his feet this Saturday, mark my words.

Alisson is a way better keeper than Ederson. End of the story. Anyone who is watching football will admit it. Ederson's nervousness, lack of communication, easy mistakes, and inability to make sometimes simple saves has cost us the Champions League. And he has never looked like a clever, calm guy which is very important in terms of a world-class goalkeeper.

You don't think Ederson has ever looked calm? Are you off your tits?

But, to be fair to you, I don't think anyone has ever accused him of looking clever.
Look at Neuer, Alisson, Casillas, or Navas, CL winners, they all were much better in terms of stopping shots or 1 vs 1 than Ederson. Ederson's decisions in terms of positioning in 1 vs 1 and saving, even simple shots are ofter terrible. He is not a top keeper in terms of saving the shots, a typical goalkeeper's routine, that's why I don't know if we will win Cl with him as a goalkeeper. In the crucial CL games he is often terrible and he is not helping the team.

Alisson is a way better keeper than Ederson. End of the story. Anyone who is watching football will admit it. Ederson's nervousness, lack of communication, easy mistakes, and inability to make sometimes simple saves has cost us the Champions League. And he has never looked like a clever, calm guy which is very important in terms of a world-class goalkeeper.
Alisson is really good at one on ones, Ederson is better at every other thing...

If you want to talk shot stopping exclusively, Oblak is the high bar.

"but he couldn't save if he was put in a bank". What motivates someone to post that. It is not an opinion based on fact it is just a blatant falsehood. If you want facts watch some of the vast number of City's full match videos available.
because I genuinely think he is not good at shot stopping. And I thought this was a forum for views? Not sure if the forum will survive if everyone comes up with 100% facts. Also, I don't need to watch full match videos - I have only missed 2 games all season and (pre Covid) 1 the season before last for example. He has some great aspects to his game but I think he is comfortably below average at shot stopping.

Love him and wouldn't swap him for anyone. He's a mad bastard and I feel it suits our club down to the ground never mind what he brings pep and the team with his footballing ability

Look at Neuer, Alisson, Casillas, or Navas, they all are way more clever players than Ederson. Ederson's decisions in terms of positioning in 1 vs 1 and saving simply shots are ofter terrible. He is not a top keeper in terms of saving the shots, a typical goalkeeper's routine, that's why I don't know if we will win Cl with him as a goalkeeper. In the crucial CL games he is often terrible and he is not helping the team.

We can easily win the Champions League with him in the team and we probably will.

I think a lot of people, still, despite the evidence, seem to think that winning football matches is about having the best players in each respective position, get too hung up on looking at what other clubs have and think it's simply a case of slotting in some top quality keeper from Serie A or some winger with an amazing first touch from a relegation candidate.

There's absolutely no problem with pointing out where our players need to improve or saying when they're out of form but when you get into hyperbole about a player who has been the mainstay of our success during the Pep era, you need to have a serious think about whether or not you're as on the ball as you think you are.

The guy has undeniably added to a serious winning culture at the club, whether or not he's been pulling off quality saves every week.

The proof is in the pudding.

If you want to bend over backwards to talk about how we've won everything in spite of him or how we can't win a particular trophy because of him then knock yourself out but some things are too silly to not pull up.

So, again, you don't think Ederson has ever looked calm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.