31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was disappointed in him tonight. A few times I thought he should’ve come out and claimed / challenged for the ball when crosses came in. Seemed strangely rooted to his line. Could’ve cost us a goal had the ball bounced right for them.

I was disappointed in him tonight. A few times I thought he should’ve come out and claimed / challenged for the ball when crosses came in. Seemed strangely rooted to his line. Could’ve cost us a goal had the ball bounced right for them.
I initially thought he should clearly have come for that ball that kouyate headed wide, I screamed for him to do so at the time. I've seen the replay since and he definitely made the correct decision, it was further out than it seemed, he was never getting there, best he could do if he came was create as big a barrier as possible infront of him but that can lead to ricochets and scrambles or rebounds that end up in. I think he sees that kouyate is under it and even if he somehow directed it at goal it would be with virtually no power on it and he would back himself to get to it from his line. Correct decision in my eyes.

The stones back header at the end was just one of them we can all see coming because of the spin on the ball but nobody could really have done anything else, the real danger there was giving a penalty away by being reckless which he avoided. No dramas for him.

He won’t. He shouldn’t.
I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of steffen and don’t think he is good enough . I like the young Irish lad and I think he should get a championship loan next season as he builds to our second keeper .

Under normal circumstances, I would prefer to have Steffen be trusted. He, though, has been out for a long while. If available, I think Ederson should play all remaining matches.

I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of steffen and don’t think he is good enough . I like the young Irish lad and I think he should get a championship loan next season as he builds to our second keeper .
Think he’s more than good enough and surprised he signed a contract extension thought he go and be a number one somewhere.
However this discussion comes up every time we get to Wembley and will go around all the same arguments we do every year. But we all know Steffen will play and our record of playing our number 2 at Wembley is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.