31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly the situation. It's entirely possible that Ederson would be an absolutely dreadful keeper at a club always under pressure like Burnley or united.
The fact is that he fits Pep's style of play perfectly. He's probably the best sweeper in Europe - the goalkeeping Beckenbauer. He's a genuine one-off as a keeper, an enigma.
As long as we play the Pep way, he'll be our keeper.
He may not be the best shot stopper in the PL, but as you say, there's none better at what he does.
It's entirely possible Burnley/Utd might not be "always under pressure" if he played for them. It's also entirely false to assume that, since his first appearance, there have not been periods in games where we have been under intense pressure, where his contribution to our defending has been immense, very convenient to ignore that but every game he's played with City is available to be viewed.

It’s the same old shit on here after a defeat. Spoilt by our success, too many can’t handle a rare defeat.

This forum Ioves a scapegoat
Funnily enough you’re replying to a poster that was the most vocal in the forum about Bravo’s ability as a shot stopper so it’s rather rich from her.

Is there a better thread for weeding out the clueless?

You simply can't get any better for peps game and there's nobody even remotely similar. If you want ederson out you're basically asking for Pep to go too.
Does it have to be black and white? Does one either have to want him gone or think he’s infallible?

Isn’t there any middle ground to know he fits Pep’s style perfectly but still think he could improve his performances with the gloves? He arrived here a very good shot stopper but is now ranked as the worst keeper at 121’s in the PL and has one penalty save in 24. I personally think it’s an issue with the GK coach. Either way, there’s plenty of room for improvement. Doesn’t mean I want him gone though and I’m sure there are plenty that are thinking the same as me, most likely Pep among them.

It's entirely possible Burnley/Utd might not be "always under pressure" if he played for them. It's also entirely false to assume that, since his first appearance, there have not been periods in games where we have been under intense pressure, where his contribution to our defending has been immense, very convenient to ignore that but every game he's played with City is available to be viewed.
You're basically agreeing with me mate!

He's a sweeper who suits Pep's style of play, helping to break down attacks, regain possession, and distribute. That's his strength.

A good shot stopper he certainly ain't. Looking at what we would call the 'basic goalkeeping skill of saving shots, he's well behind most goalkeepers in the PL.

He's 90% outfield, 10% goalkeeper in my opinion. It works for Pep, and that's why he will be his first choice as long as Pep wants that style.

You clearly have a lot of time on your hands, 58 posts since 27.4.2022. I have time to go back and read all your posts, 27.4.2022 a City positive post, every post/reply since then negative, many arrogant and rude. How many have you slagged off ?, a small sample, Zinchenko, Laporte, Dias, Cancelo, Ederson, Stones lifestyle ............... . Maybe read your own posts. As a matter of interest what motivated you to join Bluemoon 3 weeks before the end of season. Criticise all you want, you might get more respect if you applied a little balance to your posts, more fact, less bluff.
Lol! Pathetic!

Last time I looked we had played 34 PL games and conceded 21 goals. By any definition that is impressive defence that is a credit to the entire squad that have played PL this season. So far this season Eddie has made 53 saves with a shot/goal ratio of 73.3%. In comparison, the worlds very bestist goalkeeper that is held up as a model by some on here has faced 68 shots with a shot/goal ratio of 75.8% which is clearly far superior to Eddie. ;-)

His distribution is integral to our style of play. It is almost the most important component. We win and lose as a team which makes your question a little redundant.
You understood the question, redundant or not. You haven’t answered because they are few and far between in terms of world class saves to win us matches.

I’m not arguing to sell him but I’m sure you would prefer it if he sometimes made the saves he wasn’t expected to.

Last edited:
You understood the question, redundant or not. You haven’t answered because they are few and far between in terms of world class saves to win us matches.

I’m not arguing to sell him but I’m sure you would prefer it if he sometimes made the saves he wasn’t expected to.
I understand the question. He has a save to shot ratio that matches Alisson and his distribution is off the planet better. Thats good enough for me mate. I wish all our players were perfect. Eddie has let a few in this season he could have done better. C'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.