31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You understood the question, redundant or not. You haven’t answered because they are few and far between in terms of world class saves to win us matches.

I’m not arguing to sell him but I’m sure you would prefer it if he sometimes made the saves he wasn’t expected to.
I wouldn’t mind if he made the saves he was expected to make, never mind the ones he wasn’t!

You're basically agreeing with me mate!

He's a sweeper who suits Pep's style of play, helping to break down attacks, regain possession, and distribute. That's his strength.

A good shot stopper he certainly ain't. Looking at what we would call the 'basic goalkeeping skill of saving shots, he's well behind most goalkeepers in the PL.

He's 90% outfield, 10% goalkeeper in my opinion. It works for Pep, and that's why he will be his first choice as long as Pep wants that style.
The sum of his positive qualities is substantially greater than that of his weaknesses. I disagree about his shot stopping ability, it is well above PL average. Problem is humans forget the shots he stops and focus on the on the app. 25% he doesn't stop even though we have only conceded 21 this PL season. We take for granted his saves and over amplify his non saves.

The sum of his positive qualities is substantially greater than that of his weaknesses. I disagree about his shot stopping ability, it is well above PL average. Problem is humans forget the shots he stops and focus on the on the app. 25% he doesn't stop even though we have only conceded 21 this PL season. We take for granted his saves and over amplify his non saves.
That's doing a bit of a disservice to the back four and defensive work done by midfielders and forwards.

That's why we have conceded so few.

That's doing a bit of a disservice to the back four and defensive work done by midfielders and forwards.

That's why we have conceded so few.
Wrong. Read what I said, Ederson is the topic, I believe our teamwork is why we conceded so few and Ederson's shot stopping was one of his many contributions to that, all the games can be rewatched, the proof is there.

Wrong. Read what I said, Ederson is the topic, I believe our teamwork is why we conceded so few and Ederson's shot stopping was one of his many contributions to that, all the games can be rewatched, the proof is there.
Don't need to rewatch them. I know a poor shot-stopper when I see one.
Other than his outfield duties and distribution, Ederson isn't a lot better than Claudio Bravo.

Does it have to be black and white? Does one either have to want him gone or think he’s infallible?

Isn’t there any middle ground to know he fits Pep’s style perfectly but still think he could improve his performances with the gloves? He arrived here a very good shot stopper but is now ranked as the worst keeper at 121’s in the PL and has one penalty save in 24. I personally think it’s an issue with the GK coach. Either way, there’s plenty of room for improvement. Doesn’t mean I want him gone though and I’m sure there are plenty that are thinking the same as me, most likely Pep among them.
No its not black and white but I'm not suggesting it is. There's probably been half a dozen pages of moronic people saying he's not good enough and should replaced, I'm simply stating that if you want ederson out, you're as good as asking for Pep to go too because there's nobody even close to being as good a fit for Pep as Ederson. The only instance where there's even a question as to whether there might be somebody better than Ederson is if Pep dramatically changes tactics which is never happening or he goes.

Ederson ranks 6 out of 22 goalkeepers for save percentage.

Compared to Claudio Bravo in 2016/17 who was 24 out of 24.

Meh

I rely on my eyes and experience. He's not much better Bravo as a 'traditional' keeper.

He's a great sweeper and distributor, and works well with his defensive colleagues. That's why he's there to stay as long as Pep's around.

No its not black and white but I'm not suggesting it is. There's probably been half a dozen pages of moronic people saying he's not good enough and should replaced, I'm simply stating that if you want ederson out, you're as good as asking for Pep to go too because there's nobody even close to being as good a fit for Pep as Ederson. The only instance where there's even a question as to whether there might be somebody better than Ederson is if Pep dramatically changes tactics which is never happening or he goes.
I still think it’s an issue with the goalkeeper coach rather than Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.