31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of being a smart arse you can accept it. He’s been done by similar goals and mistakes a few times. He’s been shown to make stupid rash decisions in the heat of the moment many times, city will be well aware of the mistakes and decisions. Like the way pep laughed off his clearance against Liverpool. I think an element of boredom does creep in but that’s where city need to try and resolve that, you know, the people being paid thousands of pounds a week to do that job.
Accept what ? I accept that he is not some super hero who saves every shot and never makes mistakes like in computer games or comics, there is not 1 of those in the world. I accept there are aspects of his game he can improve. But that is the same for all players, they all have ups and downs. He has played over 180 games for City since 2017, that suggests that over 4 years, one of the world's top clubs, with one of the world's top coaches, have consistently considered him to be their no.1 goalkeeper. How about instead of calling someone a smart arse you go and watch 180 games of some other top goalkeeper, playing at a similar elite level and count how many mistakes and stupid rash decisions he makes, see on a more realistic comparative basis how much video he could fill.

Obviously we know his strengths and his weaknesses. And we know Pep loves him for his strengths.

But is the balance, for want of a better word, slightly out?

This is all theoretical, but if we could have someone 5% worse with his feet but 5% better at stopping shots, would we take it?

I might do, but I don't think Pep would. 5% worse with his feet but 10% better at shot-stopping, then maybe Pep would be all for it. Maybe.

Obviously we know his strengths and his weaknesses. And we know Pep loves him for his strengths.

But is the balance, for want of a better word, slightly out?

This is all theoretical, but if we could have someone 5% worse with his feet but 5% better at stopping shots, would we take it?

I might do, but I don't think Pep would. 5% worse with his feet but 10% better at shot-stopping, then maybe Pep would be all for it. Maybe.
He's capable of improving to that percentage himself. We're talking loss/downturn of form rather than talent (for me anyway). Just finding the cause and sorting it in the summer. We're not finding better. or comparable on both going cheap.

He's capable of improving to that percentage himself. We're talking loss/downturn of form rather than talent (for me anyway). Just finding the cause and sorting it in the summer. We're not finding better. or comparable on both going cheap.

Oh I get that it won't happen - we won't see the need to sell, nor to try and find a buyer who will pay what he's worth.

I think the only way he leaves in the next few years is if Bazunu continues improving - he's already at the club, so it's a possibility - or if he wants to leave.

Brilliant from Eddie, but, like Kev's four goals the other day, why didn't he keep one in his locker for yesterday! It's great when players get a hat trick, or more, and a goalie deservedly gets MotM with a string of saves, but one, just one, goal or save kept behind for a 'rainy' day in East London . . . . . . .!

He’s fundamental to the way we play

Hes just not been in great form recently , players have dips in form - we should have got shut of KDB in the autumn if thats the solution and Ruben may have been looking over his shoulder for the season he’s just had

while Pep is here he will be our number 1

when he goes , it may be a conversation but not now

No he's not.

Rodri, Gundogan, Fernandinho hold the key position.

There are many players can who play the DM role. There are not many players who can play Pep’s GK role.

Allison is regarded as the best GK in the world. He could not play for Pep as his distribution is awful.

You could name the top 10 DM’s in the world and they could all play in Pep’s system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.