31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The step to his left kills him. No idea why keepers do this!

If the wall is doing its job and he gets it up and over AND in the top corner, fair play to the free kick taker….and no keeper gets slated for not saving it!

If it goes in the keepers side, from 6 yards outside the box (wall was on the 14 yard “line”) with less than half the goal to defend, it HAS TO be on the keeper.

Hate to say it, but THAT’S HIS JOB!

If the wall is doing its job and he gets it up and over AND in the top corner, fair play to the free kick taker….and no keeper gets slated for not saving it!

If it goes in the keepers side, from 6 yards outside the box (wall was on the 14 yard “line”) with less than half the goal to defend, it HAS TO be on the keeper.

He wouldn't have saved it if he didn't take that step. It was just a top quality free kick from a top quality free kick taker.

He wouldn't have saved it if he didn't take that step. It was just a top quality free kick from a top quality free kick taker.
It was a good free kick, and I guess we will never know, but I think there are keepers that would have got a paw on that ball. Ederson isn’t one of them, but then that’s never been his game.

Not going to criticise him for any of the goals, but will for running into no mans land. Got away with this one but...
I think he could have done better with Trippier's kick and Wilson's goal. Just me maybe, but couple good saves and aside the out of box scare he was fine. I'm happy Ortega is ready if needed.

I’m not sure who has called him “culpable” for three goals. Could you point them out, because I’m not sure he could have done anything about the first two.
Nobody said he could save all three. I was referring to the trend that started last season of unnecessary criticism of Ederson as a shot stopper. Which you engaged in for their third.

There is little or no chance he saves that free kick. He could have just as easily put it to the other side of the goal and still scored. The guy is good at it.

If you want someone to criticise try John boy for giving away the foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.