31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said he could save all three. I was referring to the trend that started last season of unnecessary criticism of Ederson as a shot stopper. Which you engaged in for their third.
I only mentioned “three goals” because that was in your post.
There is little or no chance he saves that free kick. He could have just as easily put it to the other side of the goal and still scored. The guy is good at it.
And, as I said? If he gets it up & over the wall and down into the far corner, then that’s fair enough, because that is a much harder ask than a 6 foot keeper standing about 3 yards (9 feet) from his post, and not getting a hand on a ball that is literally 6-7 feet from his hands. The step to the left killed him…and he’s not the first and won’t be the last that gets gone that way.
If you want someone to criticise try John boy for giving away the foul.
Already did, just not on the Ederson thread!

He was not at fault, but his positioning was bad. Also, if he was closer to his post, maybe Trippier would have not chosen that spot to shoot. Ederson with his positioning was basically telling Trippier to shoot there. I mean what would you do if the GK is at the center? Of course, you would shoot to the side with no barrier. And because of his bad positioning, even if Trippier's shoot was stoppable, Ederson would have had to cover more ground than usual.
Blimey

Some of you moaning bastards do my head in.I can guarantee that had KDB scored that wonderful goal you would have been wanking and drooling over it, and had someone suggested he only scored due to a bad case of goalkeeping you would be calling people Dippers or Rags.
No goalie would have stopped that shot.A wonderful free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.