31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was at his peak, then why he failed when he left City. The reality is he benefited from City playing style but when he moved to other clubs his weakness were exposed and thus he failed.
Depends on how you consider failure , he still played for top clubs and is currently Celtic first choice , some of our fans find it easy to belittle former players who gave everything for the cause , i remember many games when Joe kept us in the game single handed , Joe Hart a failure ? Really ?

If he was at his peak, then why he failed when he left City. The reality is he benefited from City playing style but when he moved to other clubs his weakness were exposed and thus he failed.
What style? When Joe was our starter, we weren't playing Guardiola-esque football and dominating sides, shots were flying in more often than they did under Pep and Joe kept us in games alot of times. He was a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately lost his confidence.

Unless you have spoken to such a fucktard,i find that very hard to believe.
That’s possibly your most naive comment that I’ve seen on any topic. Despite disagreeing with you on many issues I always thought you had a healthily cynical view of human nature, or at least the worst excesses of it. The notion that some people don’t derive pleasure from being subjectively vindicated, despite it occurring in a situation that on the face of it causes them displeasure, is actually comical. Plenty of people do. It’s rooted principally in insecurity and we see it on here again and again, and in the wider world.

Genuinely amazed you don’t appreciate that.

Joe Hart was the best keeper in the country if not the world for a couple of seasons , because Pep came in and wanted a ball playing keeper , it should not taint how brilliant Joe was at his peak.
His Peak was 11/12 and he never scaled those heights ever again

Prilo made him look a mug in Euro 2012 and that was that

massively overrated by blues

His Peak was 11/12 and he never scaled those heights ever again

Prilo made him look a mug in Euro 2012 and that was that

massively overrated by blues
It’s the same paradigm as Kinkladze. Look at the careers they both had after they left City (in their purported prime) to provide objective proof of their genuine quality. Both were great for a period when they were here, and as supporters that has huge currency, but when the debate moves to a wider sphere, their subsequent achievements (or lack of) provide clear evidence against any assertion of their greatness as players, especially given injuries haven’t played a significant part in that.

Loved them both when they were here, but logic dictates that they are both overrated by some blues.

What style? When Joe was our starter, we weren't playing Guardiola-esque football and dominating sides, shots were flying in more often than they did under Pep and Joe kept us in games alot of times. He was a fantastic goalkeeper who unfortunately lost his confidence.
I agree. Joe Hart was getting towards being a top 5 world keeper. What happened to him i don't know but he was mostly a great keeper for us.

I rate the guy and want him as our first choice but he's off it this season. What's the point of having a back up as good as Ortega if we aren't prepared to give him a go when ederson is clearly struggling.

It’s the same paradigm as Kinkladze. Look at the careers they both had after they left City (in their purported prime) to provide objective proof of their genuine quality. Both were great for a period when they were here, and as supporters that has huge currency, but when the debate moves to a wider sphere, their subsequent achievements (or lack of) provide clear evidence against any assertion of their greatness as players, especially given injuries haven’t played a significant part in that.

Loved them both when they were here, but logic dictates that they are both overrated by some blues.
I think Hart’s objective proof to his quality, at least in those years, were his big influences on us going from mid table to top of the table, champion league competitors and winning a few pots.

Kinkladze scored a few nice goals and got relegated a few times.

The gulf between them is substantial, and therefore incomparable IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.