31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson made some good saves last night but was and in general is, weak in the air. Confidence shot to pieces. Give the lad a rest and let’s see what Ortega can do.
In other news, Joe Hart was an exceptional keeper for us, if you think otherwise, maybe you weren’t attending games then to see what a good keeper he was.
Good balanced post amongst the hysteria.

I’ll be called a rag for this but not arsed.
De gea is miles better shot stopper than Ederson but I think there’s reasons for this.
Ederson hasn’t had to do many saves because we are so dominant in most games
8-10 times he has fuckall to do.
Undoubtably the best left foot in the game as a keeper but how many times has he needed to use that?
As for shot stopping yeh he’s ok but no better than most keepers in the league
De gea on the other hand with utd being so average is called upon many times in every game and has bailed them out countless times.
I do think as others have said the reluctance of our players showing for the ball hasn’t helped.

I’ll be called a rag for this but not arsed.
De gea is miles better shot stopper than Ederson but I think there’s reasons for this.
Ederson hasn’t had to do many saves because we are so dominant in most games
8-10 times he has fuckall to do.
Undoubtably the best left foot in the game as a keeper but how many times has he needed to use that?
As for shot stopping yeh he’s ok but no better than most keepers in the league
De gea on the other hand with utd being so average is called upon many times in every game and has bailed them out countless times.
I do think as others have said the reluctance of our players showing for the ball hasn’t helped.
Totally different types of keepers, if you dont know that you are stupid

I respect Ederson and his crucial contribution to our domestic success, but something has changed this season
His passes don't release the pressure as they used to do.. His saves are not getting any better, and his errors are so painful
His role in the build-up is not as crucial as it used to be. I don't see why we can't give Ortega a chance (5-6 consecutive games). He can't be worse than Ederson
I think that's the fairest assessment I've seen. He's never been a great shot stopper, but he's as weak as he's ever been this season. I also think his positional play and passing has got a touch sloppier as well. I think teams have learned not to press Ederson but the midfield where the ball is coming into, and they're also not giving us as high a line for Ederson to drop balls into, so it's not his fault entirely, but regardless I do think he's not quite been at his best and where in previous seasons his obvious and quite unique strengths made up for his weaknesses, it's not as clear cut as perhaps it once was.

Some interesting data on ederson in a times article today.

Attachments

• 42E1E57E-0FBA-44EF-8D68-9FC6BBCFE0F2.png
    42E1E57E-0FBA-44EF-8D68-9FC6BBCFE0F2.png
    551.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 479690E4-F81D-43F7-9FA6-7D26144569EB.png
    479690E4-F81D-43F7-9FA6-7D26144569EB.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.