31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson now has 100 Premier League clean sheets.

Most PL Clean Sheets

1. Petr Cech 202
2. David James 169
3. Mark Schwarzer 151
4. David Seaman 141
5. David De Gea 140*
6. Nigel Martyn 137
7. Pepe Reina 136
8. Brad Friedel 132
8. Tim Howard 132
8. Edwin van der Sar 132
11. Peter Schmeichel 128
12. Joe Hart 127
12. Hugo Lloris 127*
14. Shay Given 113
15. Jussi Jaaskelainen 108
16. Thomas Sorensen 107
17. Ederson 100*

I don't know if it's me expecting certain things from him but his kicking has been a bit shit all season. In my (humble, probably controversial) opinion anyway.

It's been nowhere near the standard it has been since he came here in 2017 and considering that's the main reason he starts in this team then questions are absolutely right to be asked of him. Again, IMO.

Whenever Ortega plays he seems quicker with his passing and seems to be braver with it too (the actual pass that is) in terms of finding the two 8s. His shot stopping is obviously better as well.

But for some reason I have some sort of blind alliance to Ederson in the sense I don't think he should be dropped yet. But I don't think should be as set in stone in the team as he seems to be.

An arguement for allisson? Lol, he is terrible at distribution and has made many more mistakes than eddie and he is not capable of the pinpoint long balls/passes
It's not an argument from me I prefer Ederson, but Liverpool fans will tell you Alison has been excellent this season and they wouldn't swap him, alot of general football fans I've heard say they prefer Alison and the Brazilian team boss prefers Alison. I wouldn't swap Ederson myself!

An arguement for allisson? Lol, he is terrible at distribution and has made many more mistakes than eddie and he is not capable of the pinpoint long balls/passes
His short distribution is far far worse than Ederson but I'd say his long distribution is pretty similar. It might be that he uses it far more in their system, though.

Alisson is a far superior shot stopper IMO but I reckon Pep still picks Ederson due to the short stuff and the risk reward that it gives us IF teams press high.

Little known fact... During his first season with us, Ederson used to run to training after he'd finished his paper round
That is true but he earned enough from the paper round to buy a bike so could cycle to training in his second season.
A Raleigh Chopper, I believe.

Time to bin him off for good the blokes a complete liability. He’ll come flying out one game & it’ll cost us big time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.