31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all pick and choose from videos.

It's worth remembering that Nery Castillo and Jo were brilliant on videos.

I fully expect that the number of Ederson errors well outnumber those of good saves. Of course, that almost certainly applies to most goalkeepers.

It's the silly, basic, and invariably avoidable errors that stand out with Ederson. He's not a great goalkeeper just because he makes a few good saves in a couple of games.
There is not a goalkeeper that has lived that does not make mistakes.

Ederson is a top keeper, you don't play for the best club side in the world if your not.

Ortega is a superb no2, probably far too good for that role but be careful what you wish in terms of Ederson, he is a huge part of this club on and off the field.

There is not a goalkeeper that has lived that does not make mistakes.

Ederson is a top keeper, you don't play for the best club side in the world if your not.

Ortega is a superb no2, probably far too good for that role but be careful what you wish in terms of Ederson, he is a huge part of this club on and off the field.

I know that mate. We'd be mad to sell him. That's why I've never advocated 'getting rid' as some others have on here!

He's definitely good at what he's good at, but can be a lot better with a bit more attention to the basics imo

There's a great keeper in there, he just needs to iron out the basic errors.

I know that mate. We'd be mad to sell him. That's why I've never advocated 'getting rid' as some others have on here!

He's definitely good at what he's good at, but can be a lot better with a bit more attention to the basics imo

There's a great keeper in there, he just needs to iron out the basic errors.
What are these basic errors?

As said before ALL keepers make errors, it's how they get over them that defines them, strong character and there is not a stronger character at the club than Ederson.

What are these basic errors?

As said before ALL keepers make errors, it's how they get over them that defines them, strong character and there is not a stronger character at the club than Ederson.

I've been over this so many times! In a nutshell:

Reckless / uncontrolled dashes out of the box.
Not commanding, taking responsibility in his 6-yard box
Sometimes, erratic positioning at corners, free kicks.
Underhitting passes to players under pressure
Unconvincing shot-stopping.

He's a big lad but he lacks the 'controlled presence' of a keeper like (say) Pat Jennings or Peter Schmeichel.

As I say, there's a great keeper in there. It just needs a great goalkeeping coach to bring it out.

The 2nd goal we scored today is a perfect example of what ederson brings to the team. He would have swept up the pressure and Liverpool would have had a throw. Instead allison is glued to his line and mahrez puts the cross in and kdb goal.

Ederson may not be the best shot stopper but as a sweeper and distributor he is world class (2 things that are so important in modern football).

Some really good saves today, all be it needless. Couple of shaky kicks, some bloody delightful balls.

Alisson’s De Gea impression shows how important he is to us.

Teams simply don’t try and turn us as if you ping one over the top, he’s there. He’s so front footed, so he’ll make mistakes, but for us, he’s perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.