31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one where we won 4-1. What were you watching?

Evidently. You seem to be of the opinion if he doesnt have 100% pass completion, his kicking is crap. Every single team in the entire world would love to have a keeper with edersons distribution today.

The guy at the other end is supposedly the best keeper in the world, he was fucking woeful today, saved nothing that wasnt straight at him, at fault for at least 1 goal, stuck to his line and repeatedly kicked the ball straight out of play under any pressure.

Maybe next match, watch the opposition keepers kicking then watch ederson and you will quickly realise how lucky we are. Criticising Edersons distribution is akin to moaning at a kdb cross that goes wayward.
Did I not say Allinson was worse today?. Did I say 100% pass completion was the minimum expectation.? Did I say opposition keepers are better than him.? Are you Edersons mother ?

Did I not say Allinson was worse today?. Did I say 100% pass completion was the minimum expectation.? Did I say opposition keepers are better than him.? Are you Edersons mother ?
One thing you haven't done, is offer an example of his supposed sketchy performance.

The one where we won 4-1. What were you watching?

Evidently. You seem to be of the opinion if he doesnt have 100% pass completion, his kicking is crap. Every single team in the entire world would love to have a keeper with edersons distribution today.

The guy at the other end is supposedly the best keeper in the world, he was fucking woeful today, saved nothing that wasnt straight at him, at fault for at least 1 goal, stuck to his line and repeatedly kicked the ball straight out of play under any pressure.

Maybe next match, watch the opposition keepers kicking then watch ederson and you will quickly realise how lucky we are. Criticising Edersons distribution is akin to moaning at a kdb cross that goes wayward.
I think Ederson is brilliant by the Way... But his distribution in recent games has been fucking woeful...And that includes today. (he is not above criticism)

Interesting thread (click on the tweet). The second tweet particularly showing not all shots conceded are high quality which seems to be the argument put toward by some.

Interesting thread (click on the tweet). The second tweet particularly showing not all shots conceded are high quality which seems to be the argument put toward by some.

Nothing interesting about it at all. Complete bullshit and a perfect example of people handpicking stats and making wild assumptions based purely off them and without common sense.

Nobody sweeps like ederson, we don't have ederson, the opposition get minimum 2/3 one on one's a game against us, you dont win titles doing that.

Any other keeper but ederson and opposition start to high press us again and that leads to mistakes and goals conceded. its no coincidence we rarely get pressed high anymore because teams have learned if ederson is in net we've essentially got an extra man and its pointless.

If ederson was holding us back as much as this shit tweet is suggesting, why hasnt pep and his team seen it and changed it?

Nothing interesting about it at all. Complete bullshit and a perfect example of people handpicking stats and making wild assumptions based purely off them and without common sense.

Nobody sweeps like ederson, we don't have ederson, the opposition get minimum 2/3 one on one's a game against us, you dont win titles doing that.

Any other keeper but ederson and opposition start to high press us again and that leads to mistakes and goals conceded. its no coincidence we rarely get pressed high anymore because teams have learned if ederson is in net we've essentially got an extra man and its pointless.

If ederson was holding us back as much as this shit tweet is suggesting, why hasnt pep and his team seen it and changed it?
Think some people get the whole Ederson thing, and others simply don’t. Reducing his contribution merely to the number of saves he makes, is akin to judging a car simply on its top speed.

The important thing is that Pep gets it, and I’d back his judgement on football, and football players, above anyone else on the face of the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.