31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see the saves made by Arsenal keeper I understand why we do not win CL with Ederson ! Sad that the most important position is our weakest link.
So Ederson is now responsible for us not winning the champions league? FFS

Pre takeover when we were basically shit to average our keeper was usually one of our best players, mostly down to the amount he had to do IE we were under constant pressure and the opposition usually dominated and had numerous shots on goal.

Now in 99% of games we dominate possession and the opposition create few if any chances and thus our keeper is seldom tested.

The expression lies damn lies and statistics was never more appropriate for Ederson.

Off course I meant what I said, baring his quality with his feet I fail to see any other striking attributes. I have given him the benefit of the doubt countless of times but has always flattered to deceive. He is surrounded with world class defenders and our ball possession prevents him from getting exposed but when he is, he rarely pulls off master class saves. The first role of a keeper is to pull off saves,then comes other qualities.
Fortunately Pep disagrees with you.

So Ederson is now responsible for us not winning the champions league? FFS

Pre takeover when we were basically shit to average our keeper was usually one of our best players, mostly down to the amount he had to do IE we were under constant pressure and the opposition usually dominated and had numerous shots on goal.

Now in 99% of games we dominate possession and the opposition create few if any chances and thus our keeper is seldom tested.

The expression lies damn lies and statistics was never more appropriate for Ederson.
I see your point but I can’t remember a crucial game when Ederson had a massive game and got us over the line. Besides, every team that has won CL recently had a world class goal keeper ( Courtois last year for example). I am not scapegoating Ederson per se but I have never been impressed by his performance. I must also admit that Ortega struck a chord with me despite his rare cameos. I hope Ederson turns the corner and proves me wrong nevertheless.

Last edited:
Ederson suits us but very rarely does he make a game-winning save, he's just not a world class shot stopper

The saves he does make are ones I'd expect most Prem keepers to make, if it wasn't for his ability on the ball being arguably the best in the world he'd probably be at a mid-table club

I see your point but I can’t remember a crucial game when Ederson had a massive game and got us over the line. Besides, every team that has won CL recently had a world class goal keeper ( Courtois last year for example). I am not scapegoating Ederson per se but I have never been impressed by his performance. I must also admit that Ortega struck a chord with me despite his rare cameos. I hope Ederson turns the corner and proves me wrong nevertheless.
" I hope Ederson turns the corner and proves me wrong nevertheless"

I have read some crap on here but that takes the proverbial.

Ederson suits us but very rarely does he make a game-winning save, he's just not a world class shot stopper

The saves he does make are ones I'd expect most Prem keepers to make, if it wasn't for his ability on the ball being arguably the best in the world he'd probably be at a mid-table club
So we should give up all of our control and bring back Dunne and Distin to play CB so Ederson can face more shots I guess?

If KDB had no ability on the ball he would probably be mid table as well. What a ridiculous statement to make.

So we should give up all of our control and bring back Dunne and Distin to play CB so Ederson can face more shots I guess?

If KDB had no ability on the ball he would probably be mid table as well. What a ridiculous statement to make.
Slightly different to be fair when it’s talking about a goalkeeper. Alison is levels ahead of him as a shot stopper but Ederson is levels ahead of him with his feet. Horses for courses it would be good if he was a little better at saving shots but Pep’s happy with him as he suits our style and it’s worked pretty well so far.

What an absolute nothing post

Allison regularly was praised when Liverpool were competing on all fronts, Ramsgate has already kept Arsenal in the title race, Emi Martinez was a key reason for Argentina winning the world cup, same for Courtois and Real Champions league wins

We aren't the only team who are good at playing out the back and who expect to compete for medals, but unlike.those teams you never hear of instances where he's won us a title with a game winning save

I said he suits us but it's hard to deny he doesn't have those moments other top teams competing for honours do

What an absolute nothing post

Allison regularly was praised when Liverpool were competing on all fronts, Ramsgate has already kept Arsenal in the title race, Emi Martinez was a key reason for Argentina winning the world cup, same for Courtois and Real Champions league wins

We aren't the only team who are good at playing out the back and who expect to compete for medals, but unlike.those teams you never hear of instances where he's won us a title with a game winning save

I said he suits us but it's hard to deny he doesn't have those moments other top teams competing for honours do
I don't want our keeper to have "moments". If we are leaving Ederson in positions to have to make miracle saves, the rest of the team haven't done their job properly.

As it happens, Eddie does have a back catalog of saves that have earned us points throughout the several premier League seasons he's been involved in and all have contributed to us winning the trophy if it's really required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.