31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can do better than Ederson, but I don't think it is that big of a deal. GK is probably the position Pep will touch the least. Valdes was not that great either (although he was incredible in 1v1). FFS, Pep won national cups and leagues with Pinto who is a below average GK. I don't rate Ederson that high, but a Pep team is so good in every way that you could put a CB (almost any CB is better with their feet than a GK) and be an extremely competitive team.

But still, some people here seem like Ederson's family with how hard they defend him. I remembered a year ago I had a discussion criticizing his abysmal strategy in 1v1, and a lot of people saying he was good, and now a year later someone just posts an analysis stating exactly what I said, and that Ederson has improved his 1v1 thanks to changing his approach. Honestly, the way you attack a 1v1 is basic GK. Still, it's an improvement and any of us is happy that Eddie has improved in those.

I still think his agility, elasticity are abysmal for an elite GK, and I hope he works on that. I still think this is by far his worst season (and pretty much any stats confirm that). I still think some of his defenders are delusional (someone literally said Ederson with his sweeping ability save us 2/3 1v1 per match that none other GK would make, it cannot get more ridiculous than that). And you know what? It barely matters, Pep teams can win with almost any shot-stopper.

Last edited:
I see your point but I can’t remember a crucial game when Ederson had a massive game and got us over the line. Besides, every team that has won CL recently had a world class goal keeper ( Courtois last year for example). I am not scapegoating Ederson per se but I have never been impressed by his performance. I must also admit that Ortega struck a chord with me despite his rare cameos. I hope Ederson turns the corner and proves me wrong nevertheless.
Courtois had an exceptional game. Lloris has played in a final, he’s total wank. Mendy is total wank. Alisson is a liability in high pressure games.
Ederson is better than all of those, with the exception of Courtios shot stopping.

Ederson is far superior on the floor, under pressure, he’s far more aggressive at defending his line. His aggression off the line is why we don’t see team turning us anywhere near as much as teams turn Liverpool for example.
He’s key to the way we defend corners/set pieces. We can have a ridiculously high line from set pieces, teams don’t target him on corners like teams do Alisson, De Gea, Lloris.

Ederson is the reason our defenders can defend 360 degrees, no other team has that luxury.

The higher the level of opposition the more liklihood our goalkeeper will have to make important saves to stop the opposition scoring. Bayern and Madrid are amongst the best ranked teams in the world, their attack will surely challenge our defence, like few other sides. Let's hope Ederson and our whole defence are on top form.

Pep Guardiola has said it's not scoring goals that has been a problem in the CL but keeping them out: "Against Monaco, we scored six goals and we are out. Against Tottenham, four goals and we are out. Against Real Madrid, four goals and we are out... We have always scored goals in the Champions league that was not the problem in general."

Courtois was man of the match against us in the CL, last season and in the final against Liverpool. Without Courtois, RM would surely have lost both games. Although Ortega has won it twice, in only a small amount of games, I can't actually remember Ederson ever getting a man of the match for us?

Ederson is the best in the world at distribution, but we'll likely need more than that to win the CL. Fingers crossed!

The higher the level of opposition the more liklihood our goalkeeper will have to make important saves to stop the opposition scoring. Bayern and Madrid are amongst the best ranked teams in the world, their attack will surely challenge our defence, like few other sides. Let's hope Ederson and our whole defence are on top form.

Pep Guardiola has said it's not scoring goals that has been a problem in the CL but keeping them out: "Against Monaco, we scored six goals and we are out. Against Tottenham, four goals and we are out. Against Real Madrid, four goals and we are out... We have always scored goals in the Champions league that was not the problem in general."

Courtois was man of the match against us in the CL, last season and in the final against Liverpool. Without Courtois, RM would surely have lost both games. Although Ortega has won it twice, in only a small amount of games, I can't actually remember Ederson ever getting a man of the match for us?

Ederson is the best in the world at distribution, but we'll likely need more than that to win the CL. Fingers crossed!

We really don't need exceptional keeper if all other player turned out in the most important game.
If KDB and Haaland have the best game of their life we will outscore the opposition no matter how much they can score us.

What an absolute nothing post

Allison regularly was praised when Liverpool were competing on all fronts, Ramsgate has already kept Arsenal in the title race, Emi Martinez was a key reason for Argentina winning the world cup, same for Courtois and Real Champions league wins

We aren't the only team who are good at playing out the back and who expect to compete for medals, but unlike.those teams you never hear of instances where he's won us a title with a game winning save

I said he suits us but it's hard to deny he doesn't have those moments other top teams competing for honours do
Another football genius

We can do better than Ederson, but I don't think it is that big of a deal. GK is probably the position Pep will touch the least. Valdes was not that great either (although he was incredible in 1v1). FFS, Pep won national cups and leagues with Pinto who is a below average GK. I don't rate Ederson that high, but a Pep team is so good in every way that you could put a CB (almost any CB is better with their feet than a GK) and be an extremely competitive team.

But still, some people here seem like Ederson's family with how hard they defend him. I remembered a year ago I had a discussion criticizing his abysmal strategy in 1v1, and a lot of people saying he was good, and now a year later someone just posts an analysis stating exactly what I said, and that Ederson has improved his 1v1 thanks to changing his approach. Honestly, the way you attack a 1v1 is basic GK. Still, it's an improvement and any of us is happy that Eddie has improved in those.

I still think his agility, elasticity are abysmal for an elite GK, and I hope he works on that. I still think this is by far his worst season (and pretty much any stats confirm that). I still think some of his defenders are delusional (someone literally said Ederson with his sweeping ability save us 2/3 1v1 per match that none other GK would make, it cannot get more ridiculous than that). And you know what? It barely matters, Pep teams can win with almost any shot-stopper.
Yawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.