31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that possible when he normally only has to save one or two shots a game? Or are you saying you’d prefer it if we were less dominant in games and gave the opposition more chances?

Don’t think you’ve really thought this through.
I was going to reply to that last night, but fair play you've got more patience than I have.

Well regarded goalkeeping analyst on twitter.

Weird though. He seems to suggest Ederson has been working on this issue, I was informed he doesn't do anything in training and is getting away without any focus on the basics.

Seen this in action again last night vs. Sane. Great performance from him with all his usual strengths on show with and now hopefully he's added this to his game too.

He was class last night. Kept it simple, was there when needed and pulled off some brilliant saves. I felt against Real last season he was a bit jittery, playing us into trouble with ambitious passes which nearly backfired but this was a 10/10 performance from him. He took his time over goal kicks at the end of the game as well and got the ball down the other end of the pitch, under instruction by Pep. That's a big part of winning the CL. We didn't get a sniff of the ball in ET at Real last season because every touch and every minute someone was down injured milking another minute or two from the game.

I’ve had my doubts about him this season and last night showed I’ve been a bit daft. Was that his best game for City ? I thought he was outstanding all night.

Different kind of game but that performance is certainly worth a place alongside Hart v Dortmund in the discussion of great City goalkeeping performances of modern times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.