31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was class last night. Kept it simple, was there when needed and pulled off some brilliant saves. I felt against Real last season he was a bit jittery, playing us into trouble with ambitious passes which nearly backfired but this was a 10/10 performance from him. He took his time over goal kicks at the end of the game as well and got the ball down the other end of the pitch, under instruction by Pep. That's a big part of winning the CL. We didn't get a sniff of the ball in ET at Real last season because every touch and every minute someone was down injured milking another minute or two from the game.
this pretty much. the difference between our whole backline yesterday (including eddy) and bayerns was immense. they looked nervous and all over the place while we were a unit. if we can show this resolve in the remaining games all the glory will be ours.

Ederson has NEVER let this team down, NEVER.

I didn't say he had. Haven't ever said that he has!

He's a great team player, ideal for Pep's style of play. My only 'negative' view about him is that - in my opinion - he's not particularly good at the basics of goalkeeping.

Like I said, he had a great game last night doing his bit in what was a rock solid defensive unit.

Ederson has NEVER let this team down, NEVER.

That alludes to something else entirely......he has however made needless fuckups/brain farts that have caused us to concede.

As i said earlier......he looks so much better when he isnt fucking about with the ball,allowing a rush of blood,or taking unnecessary risk.

I liked last nights Eddie very much.

I’ve had my doubts about him this season and last night showed I’ve been a bit daft. Was that his best game for City ? I thought he was outstanding all night.

Different kind of game but that performance is certainly worth a place alongside Hart v Dortmund in the discussion of great City goalkeeping performances of modern times

Hart v Dortmund was infinitely better imo. He was left exposed so often, he was performing miracles every few minutes!

Ederson had the comparative luxury of a solid defence last night. A great performance by him, but nowhere near being on a par with Hart's.

Hart v Dortmund was infinitely better imo. He was left exposed so often, he was performing miracles every few minutes!

Ederson had the comparative luxury of a solid defence last night. A great performance by him, but nowhere near being on a par with Hart's.

Hart's performance was outstanding that night and kept the team from receiving a real beating.

Watching him throughout the game, making so many great saves and thinking our luck was surely going to run out before the game was over.

That aged well you top hat
Haha I already congratulated Ederson!! You think I am not happy he had an excellent game? Of course I am. That's what I want every game.

I still stand by what I said, amd one or two matches won't change that. But I really hope this is the level from him for the rest of the season and the future. Who would like a player of us to not show a super high level? Go Eddie!!

Haha I already congratulated Ederson!! You think I am not happy he had an excellent game? Of course I am. That's what I want every game.

I still stand by what I said, amd one or two matches won't change that. But I really hope this is the level from him for the rest of the season and the future. Who would like a player of us to not show a super high level? Go Eddie!!
Yes but you didn't say he was on top form or he'd had a few shaky moments this season, you said he was abysmal and we could do better. It was nonsense then and is nosense now.

Yes but you didn't say he was on top form or he'd had a few shaky moments this season, you said he was abysmal and we could do better. It was nonsense then and is nosense now.
I said his approach to 1v1 was abysmal, and he has improved. And I still think his agility and elasticity is not good for an elite GK. He sometimes feels too heavy and woth very little explosiveness. I think now that's where he should focus. If you want to be elite you always work on your weaknesses.

Actually, I'll give you an example yesterday when he had an excellent game. There was a corner where De Ligt had a clear header (blocked by Dias I think?), Ederson throws himself and then he stays on the ground for 2-3 seconds with no reaction (like the danger is already gone!) while the deflected ball was still inside the GK box (and a Bayern player almost won it and would be an easy header). If you see the repeat of that corner, you can see he feels heavy. An elite GK in agility should be already up and ready.

I said his approach to 1v1 was abysmal, and he has improved. And I still think his agility and elasticity is not good for an elite GK. He sometimes feels too heavy and woth very little explosiveness. I think now that's where he should focus. If you want to be elite you always work on your weaknesses.

Actually, I'll give you an example yesterday when he had an excellent game. There was a corner where De Ligt had a clear header (blocked by Dias I think?), Ederson throws himself and then he stays on the ground for 2-3 seconds with no reaction (like the danger is already gone!) while the deflected ball was still inside the GK box (and a Bayern player almost won it and would be an easy header). If you see the repeat of that corner, you can see he feels heavy. An elite GK in agility should be already up and ready.
Stop digging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.