31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but you didn't say he was on top form or he'd had a few shaky moments this season, you said he was abysmal and we could do better. It was nonsense then and is nosense now.

It's tired old ground being covered now. The fact is that in many posters' view, Ederson has made quite a few abysmal, bordering on idiotic, goalkeeping decisions over the last couple of seasons.
If last night's performance was an indication that those days are behind him, then we'll all be happy.

Haha I already congratulated Ederson!! You think I am not happy he had an excellent game? Of course I am. That's what I want every game.

I still stand by what I said, amd one or two matches won't change that. But I really hope this is the level from him for the rest of the season and the future. Who would like a player of us to not show a super high level? Go Eddie!!
FFS at “Go Eddie”

Well regarded goalkeeping analyst on twitter.

Weird though. He seems to suggest Ederson has been working on this issue, I was informed he doesn't do anything in training and is getting away without any focus on the basics.

Our goalkeeping coach is rated in the top handful in the world
Do you genuinely believe he and Pep would allow any player to doss in training?

Off course I meant what I said, baring his quality with his feet I fail to see any other striking attributes. I have given him the benefit of the doubt countless of times but has always flattered to deceive. He is surrounded with world class defenders and our ball possession prevents him from getting exposed but when he is, he rarely pulls off master class saves. The first role of a keeper is to pull off saves,then comes other qualities.
This aged well.

You were the same one abusing everyone in the pre-match thread for calling you out for flapping about Akanji and Bernardo starting.

This aged well.

You were the same one abusing everyone in the pre-match thread for calling you out for flapping about Akanji and Bernardo starting.
I admit that I got it wrong about Akanji, he had a sensational game. As for Ederson, he just confirmed what I said in my first post, it takes world class saves to push the team over the line in CL and some people on here said we do not concede chances so why would we need a keeper who is good at stopping shots and his ball control ability is enough and bla bla bla, but it turned out that we do concede number of chances in a big CL game and we need world class saves. He impressed me tbh, long may it continue.

Last edited:
His best game for City in my opinion, in terms of his normal distribution and several important saves during a difficult middle spell of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.