31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stood up to everything thrown at him (although im sure somebody will comment on him not saving the penalty) but he wasn't even particularly great tonight. Nothing you wouldnt expect him to save, he's been better this season and yet been hammered on here. Amazing what a few routine saves which he normally doesn't have to make can do for the perception of those that want to slaughter him at every opportunity for failing to save shots he's not facing.

Stood up to everything thrown at him (although im sure somebody will comment on him not saving the penalty) but he wasn't even particularly great tonight. Nothing you wouldnt expect him to save, he's been better this season and yet been hammered on here. Amazing what a few routine saves which he normally doesn't have to make can do for the perception of those that want to slaughter him at every opportunity for failing to save shots he's not facing.
Not sure I agree he didn’t do anything you wouldn’t expect him to do, unless you mean you think he is brilliant and therefore today was par for course.

I count his intervention for Sane’s missed chance as a save, as his handling of it is what put Sane off from simply chipping him and his approach angle made a shot on the deck very low percentage.

The save for Bayern’s shot right before we scored was outstanding (and enabled the resulting counter from Stones to Kev to Haaland to Goal).

He had a few others great stops or smothers, as well.

His overall positional play has improved quite a bit in recent weeks, including delaying his charge in the box to better use his defenders and cutdown the angle for attackers running through. And we saw that throughout the match.

I have always been an Eddie defender but tonight I didn’t think I would need to do it . I thought everyone would recognise his performance as arguably the best in the match (Stones did run him close, though). Maybe even his best in the CL.

I still wouldn’t trade him for any other keeper.

We sometimes give Eddie shit for not being able to step up with goalkeeping when it counts, so major credit must be given, because he has been incredible these past two legs. He was absolutely focused and on it. Blocked everything fired at him. This is the kind of performance you want from your goalkeeper when you want to win the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.