31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree he didn’t do anything you wouldn’t expect him to do, unless you mean you think he is brilliant and therefore today was par for course.

I count his intervention for Sane’s missed chance as a save, as his handling of it is what put Sane off from simply chipping him and his approach angle made a shot on the deck very low percentage.

The save for Bayern’s shot right before we scored was outstanding (and enabled the resulting counter from Stones to Kev to Haaland to Goal).

He had a few others great stops or smothers, as well.

His overall positional play has improved quite a bit in recent weeks, including delaying his charge in the box to better use his defenders and cutdown the angle for attackers running through. And we saw that throughout the match.

I have always been an Eddie defender but tonight I didn’t think I would need to do it . I thought everyone would recognise his performance as arguably the best in the match (Stones did run him close, though). Maybe even his best in the CL.

I still wouldn’t trade him for any other keeper.
No need to defend ederson to me mate, I'm routinely one of his loudest defenders on here. I agree with your assessment on the sane chance and that cross/shot from coman immediately before we scored as being good bits of goalkeeping but nothing standout.

He's doing that most weeks, and its often ignored when we concede from the first clear cut chance we face. It seems for some they need him to save half a dozen routine shots too which we dont normally face in order for him to avoid a bashing. Had him down as motm against leicester, he stopped us throwing away points there and whilst i think he played well last night, i don't think he was motm.

Anyone who said De Gea was a better keeper just needs to watch him rushh out last night. If that was Eddie the opposition keeper would have been making a save from Eddies rush out and clearance, plus the forward would have been in traction!

Not sure I agree he didn’t do anything you wouldn’t expect him to do, unless you mean you think he is brilliant and therefore today was par for course.

I count his intervention for Sane’s missed chance as a save, as his handling of it is what put Sane off from simply chipping him and his approach angle made a shot on the deck very low percentage.

The save for Bayern’s shot right before we scored was outstanding (and enabled the resulting counter from Stones to Kev to Haaland to Goal).

He had a few others great stops or smothers, as well.

His overall positional play has improved quite a bit in recent weeks, including delaying his charge in the box to better use his defenders and cutdown the angle for attackers running through. And we saw that throughout the match.

I have always been an Eddie defender but tonight I didn’t think I would need to do it . I thought everyone would recognise his performance as arguably the best in the match (Stones did run him close, though). Maybe even his best in the CL.

I still wouldn’t trade him for any other keeper.

Great post mate.

I'm critical of all players, because they can all improve. The Watkins goal for Villa was one where Eddie was too quick to come off his line and enabled him to score despite a horrific scuffed effort, when had he stayed on his line it's going to be one hell of an effort to beat him. But he's played in front of ever changing back lines and seems much more comfortable now things are settled. Over the two games against Bayern he was outstanding. Pulling off excellent saves, and getting the ball away from the danger area in doing so. Distributing the ball simply and without putting anyone under pressure, which happened a few times at home against Real last season. It was a very mature and calm performance from him, which is just what is needed.

His distribution at the end of the game against Bayern was odd. I wonder if it was an instruction to keep booting it off the pitch, so we could be organised defensively from their throw in. It's something I feel happens quite often in tight games at the end, but considering how good he is at passing, I can't believe he's just consistently over hitting it!?

i don't have to say anything about eddie, its the fucking knowfuckalls that need a talking too, one shot one goal fuckwits, people try to be edgy ,giving us their tremendous knowledge , how our coaches are obviously wank to keep picking eddie, you look fucking stupid, of course he will make mistakes,the halfwits will show themselves,crowing how right they were, all the little sheep will come out behind the know fuckalls.

its been like this with a lot of players since pep has arrived,and each season the fuckwits come out with "im eating humble pie" bollocks, and people actually say well you're big enough to acknowledge when youre wrong, when in reality the fuckwits should say, sorry i don't know very much about football , and maybe think things through before i post, abit like this post really haha :)

Excellent eddie , thought this thread would be busier with all the humble pie on offer

He's been great, and thankfully made a big difference. I'm not sure where the humble pie should come from though, because I think everyone can see that he's upped his game, which is all that anyone ever wanted.

Even those who had faith in him must admit that his recent performances have been better than those of 3-4 months ago?

To a great extent the thread was made up of two groups of people:

1. Those who had faith he'd come good.
2. Those who thought he needed to do better.

Well done to Ed, he's been pretty much perfect.

He's been great, and thankfully made a big difference. I'm not sure where the humble pie should come from though, because I think everyone can see that he's upped his game, which is all that anyone ever wanted.

Even those who had faith in him must admit that his recent performances have been better than those of 3-4 months ago?

To a great extent the thread was made up of two groups of people:

1. Those who had faith he'd come good.
2. Those who thought he needed to do better.

Well done to Ed, he's been pretty much perfect.
There was a group that thought he was never good enough and the coaches and Ederson didn't bother working on any weaknesses because he was good enough with his feet, but apparently his footwork had got worse. All nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.