31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe some are faulting Ederson for the goal when it stemmed from that brainless bout of head tennis at the back which led to possession being conceded in our own final third.
I’m telling you now, there are a lot of football fans who talk shit about stuff across the spectrum of clubs across the sport. But I reckon that in the top 1% of bollocks spouted by football fans is the City fanbase’s take on goalkeeping/Ederson.

Clearly, none of those criticising have ever played a single minute in nets before in their life, nor do they understand the basic physics of speed and trajectory of a football compared to human reflexes, nor understand that a slow motion replay is not how goalkeepers see the fucking ball or the fucking game!

The “I can’t believe he didn’t save that” brigade who watch a shot at 32 times slower than the actual incident that really took place do my swede but amazingly always friggin comment on how it “was an easy save for a good goalkeeper to make”. Slow motion replays are not real life speed! Ederson does not live in the Matrix.

The worst takes by our fanbase is the negativity around Ederson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m telling you now, there are a lot of football fans who talk shit about stuff across the spectrum of clubs across the sport. But I reckon that in the top 1% of bollocks spouted by football fans is the City fanbase’s take on goalkeeping/Ederson.

Clearly, none of those criticising have ever played a single minute in nets before in their life, nor do they understand the basic physics of speed and trajectory of a football compared to human reflexes, nor understand that a slow motion replay is not how goalkeepers see the fucking ball or the fucking game!

The “I can’t believe he didn’t save that” brigade who watch a shot at 32 times slower than the actual incident that really took place do my swede but amazingly always friggin comment on how it “was an easy save for a good goalkeeper to make”. Slow motion replays are not real life speed! Ederson does not live in the Matrix.

The worst takes by our fanbase is the negativity around Ederson.
The fact is, most would stand like statues and watch as a well hit shot fizzes past them. Eddie aint perfect. Nobody is, but I would not swap him for anyone in the world. He looks a bit down these days and I hope to hell its not the absolute shite you see on social media (including here) that is knocking his confidence.

Ederson had a good game yesterday, did well in the 1 on 1 against Ramsay. Ridiculous to blame him for their goal, the sheer pace of the shot would have beaten most keepers.
That shot would have beaten every keeper it was simply a stunning strike, unstoppable.

True, but in a sense Pep probably factors in the odd mistake like that from LBs who are not great defenders while they contribute more to the attacking side. We've largely been getting away with that for the past two seasons with Cancelo and Zin.
At this stage last season, we had won 4, drawn 1, lost 1 so 13 points compared with this season 14. Interesting though we had shipped just one goal (against Spuds in the first game). The stats, and my eyes tell me the teams defensive work has fallen back a fair bit. Maybe the change to the system, maybe Walker starting to show his age a little, certainly Dias being off it a little. Of the six goals we have shipped this year, I think Trippiers free kick and Stones OG against CP we couldn't do much about. The others I'm not so sure with yesterdays being the sloppiest. Needs fixed if this squad is to reach its potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.