31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this stage last season, we had won 4, drawn 1, lost 1 so 13 points compared with this season 14. Interesting though we had shipped just one goal (against Spuds in the first game). The stats, and my eyes tell me the teams defensive work has fallen back a fair bit. Maybe the change to the system, maybe Walker starting to show his age a little, certainly Dias being off it a little. Of the six goals we have shipped this year, I think Trippiers free kick and Stones OG against CP we couldn't do much about. The others I'm not so sure with yesterdays being the sloppiest. Needs fixed if this squad is to reach its potential.
Under Pep we defend largely "on the edge", so to speak, reliant (maybe overly so) on dominating possession as the primary means of defence. As a result it doesn't take much of a drop in form at the back for us to leak more goals.

Under Pep we defend largely "on the edge", so to speak, reliant (maybe overly so) on dominating possession as the primary means of defence. As a result it doesn't take much of a drop in form at the back for us to leak more goals.
agree mate. Lets hope we are back at it very soon.

Not sure it’s even a drop in form of individuals , it’s the price of losing some control by playing Haaland over a false 9 . Our stronger defence was always one of the benefits of the false 9.We will get the balance better but it may take a little time.

Not sure it’s even a drop in form of individuals , it’s the price of losing some control by playing Haaland over a false 9 . Our stronger defence was always one of the benefits of the false 9.We will get the balance better but it may take a little time.
People aren’t ready to hear this. Haaland is a mega star. He scores loads.

What they’re not recognising is that we’re conceding more because we‘re learning to play with him.

I suggested Haaland might be rotated at places like Anfield as Pep may perceive that the team may be more susceptible to conceding than he is of scoring.

There‘s a decent argument to suggest he starts on the bench, we run the life out of the dippers for an hour with the group press and then bring him on to finish them off when they tire.

Lighten up mate
I’m not one of the ones digging out a keeper for doing nothing wrong then doing mental gymnastics to get out of the hole they’ve dug for themselves. I’m perfectly calm and better than most at taking a joke.

I will, however, use you lighten up line, when you’re next ripping a poster to pieces though. Thanks.

Even Peak Manuel Neuer wouldn't have saved that thunderbastard of a shot from Bailey.

The hate against Ederson is unreasonable...
Dropped one on the line in the 1st half yesterday and was lucky the goal was chalked off....there was no foul on him
Had zip all to do yesterday, but when called into action...fragile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.