31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll never really get to judge Ederson as a shot stopper due to the chances our tactics concede and its not absurd to suggest there's not a keeper on the planet we could replace him with tactically.

Imagine Eddie will be here as long as Pep is and imo he's the best keeper we could possibly have for the way we play. There's a reason his fellow keepers constantly nominate him for the top awards. Fastest player ever to 150 wins in PL history. Its not all coincidence.

He's in the team because Pep likes the chess piece he presents to Peps playbox. As a goal keeper I think he's bang average.
Andy Dibble, Kasper Scmichael, Nicky Weaver were bang average, Ederson is night and day better than them, you don't collect the number of clean sheets, individual awards, and titles playing for one of the world's finest club sides if your bang average.

Not a patch on joe hart for saves .
He isn't, but recalling Joe Hart's time here he was a lucky keeper on many occasions. A leg or arm stuck out point blank (reaction saves) saved him many a time from conceding a goal. He was often in the right place at the right time which redeemed his flaws. However, Ederson is instructed to play the high press( well off his goal line) and sometimes he gets caught out of position in no mans land and he is no position to react to any reaction saves.1

Quite often Ederson hasn't been so lucky by playing to Pep's high pressing demands, especially when he's caught out out of position and his occasional occasional fuck ups get highlighted on on TV to look amateurish, especially when conceding a goal.

on the whole I'm happy enough we Have Ederson because he suits out of style.

He has quite a lot of critics on here but nobody seems to come forward with a better answer that Eddie provides or will provide should he be sold or dropped.

I recognise his shot stopping weaknesses but name me a better keeper that would improve on how we play ?
Not many around right now but let's not forget that Ederson's keeping credentials are proven in this league, and that's why his occasional fuck ups can be forgiven, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.