31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was unstoppable but he was at fault?
He was not at fault, but his positioning was bad. Also, if he was closer to his post, maybe Trippier would have not chosen that spot to shoot. Ederson with his positioning was basically telling Trippier to shoot there. I mean what would you do if the GK is at the center? Of course, you would shoot to the side with no barrier. And because of his bad positioning, even if Trippier's shoot was stoppable, Ederson would have had to cover more ground than usual.

He was not at fault, but his positioning was bad. Also, if he was closer to his post, maybe Trippier would have not chosen that spot to shoot. Ederson with his positioning was basically telling Trippier to shoot there. I mean what would you do if the GK is at the center? Of course, you would shoot to the side with no barrier. And because of his bad positioning, even if Trippier's shoot was stoppable, Ederson would have had to cover more ground than usual.
It was a free kick plumb centre against a very good free kick taker. Not sure he could have done much else.

It was a free kick plumb centre against a very good free kick taker. Not sure he could have done much else.
I agree. Even if his positioning was perfect, that free kick was unstoppable. But that doesn't take away that his position was begging Trippier to shoot at Ederson's side. In hindsight, it wouldn't have made any difference, but someone should point out to Ederson to cover his side better to avoid stoppable free kicks becoming unstoppable just because of his bad positioning.

I agree. Even if his positioning was perfect, that free kick was unstoppable. But that doesn't take away that his position was begging Trippier to shoot at Ederson's side. In hindsight, it wouldn't have made any difference, but someone should point out to Ederson to cover his side better to avoid stoppable free kicks becoming unstoppable just because of his bad positioning.
Fair enough, hopefully it's not a faukt that happens to a free kick that could otherwise be saved

The free kick was great but Stones should have fouled him much earlier than that and taken a booking. He just lets people run and run. Newcastle were clever at that today but we weren’t. Bring back Fernandinho.

He wasn’t center tho. He was more to the left and trippier shot to the left. It was a great fk give credit where credit is due

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.