31 | Ederson - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goals conceded from set pieces (corners, direct/indirect free kicks) are down to straight up traditional defending and not the impact of inverted full backs.

Last season we conceded just 1 set-piece ALL season. After 4 games this season we have conceded 3.

Based on the most comprehensive advanced goalkeeping data, towards the end of 20-21 Eddie was the best GK in the PL. Using the same date he was just average in 21/22. There has been a clear and measurable fall-off in his form.

Form is a wonderful thing. It's great when it returns and for me he needs to build-up that stack again:)
To be fair comparing stats. for 4 games v. 38 games does not give you a worthile basis to judge. Haaland may not score again this season or Arsenal may not have a 100% win record after 38 games so why would a 4 game stat. be relied on to judge them in a comparioson with 20/21. We may concede from any number of set pieces, which in turn effects Eddie's data, even though it is an 11 man team that concede's the goals and not just him.

Goals conceded from set pieces (corners, direct/indirect free kicks) are down to straight up traditional defending and not the impact of inverted full backs.

Last season we conceded just 1 set-piece ALL season. After 4 games this season we have conceded 3.

Based on the most comprehensive advanced goalkeeping data, towards the end of 20-21 Eddie was the best GK in the PL. Using the same date he was just average in 21/22. There has been a clear and measurable fall-off in his form.

Form is a wonderful thing. It's great when it returns and for me he needs to build-up that stack again:)
Ok so on the one hand you blame the defence for being unable to defend set pieces and then blame Eddie for a deflected own goal and a free header. Even playing devils advocate thats a bit wild. ;-)

To be fair comparing stats. for 4 games v. 38 games does not give you a worthile basis to judge. Haaland may not score again this season or Arsenal may not have a 100% win record after 38 games so why would a 4 game stat. be relied on to judge them in a comparioson with 20/21. We may concede from any number of set pieces, which in turn effects Eddie's data, even though it is an 11 man team that concede's the goals and not just him.
I was replying to the 2 parts of the original post and have now edited my post slightly to make that clearer.

Myself and the people around me (all season card holders) had a discussion at HT yesterday and the opinion if all is that Eddie doesn't contribute anything
When he was pinging the ball wide, he was Hoddle esq, but we don't play that way anymore.
He is a bang average keeper that fails to command his penalty area and if we're not utilising his strength then it's pretty pointless playing him

Myself and the people around me (all season card holders) had a discussion at HT yesterday and the opinion if all is that Eddie doesn't contribute anything
When he was pinging the ball wide, he was Hoddle esq, but we don't play that way anymore.
He is a bang average keeper that fails to command his penalty area and if we're not utilising his strength then it's pretty pointless playing him

Good thing you aren't our manager.

Think you need to move seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.