31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's outrageous. I love how City play but some times your heart is left in your mouth we some of what Eddie does. How he dares to make some passes! But he so rarely gets the very risky looking passes wrong.

Of course, not only has he got incredible ability to execute passes but the speed with which he assesses (passing) situations and chooses excellent options is astonishing. He has qualities that are almost KDBesque in that regard.
I cant tell whether he is genuinely insane or the smartest person in the room.

Either way, he's a top 5 City favourite of all time for me.

He's outrageous. I love how City play but some times your heart is left in your mouth we some of what Eddie does. How he dares to make some passes! But he so rarely gets the very risky looking passes wrong.

Of course, not only has he got incredible ability to execute passes but the speed with which he assesses (passing) situations and chooses excellent options is astonishing. He has qualities that are almost KDBesque in that regard.
His passing should be compared with the likes of Xavi, Pirlo imo not with other GKs. One could argue that he's under greater pressure and lesser margin for error than the midfielders. In terms of ability I am not sure PL has had anyone that could match him and I mean not just GKs.

Coming into his prime as a Keeper. The best in the world for me. Alisson may be a better shot stopper, don't think Ederson would have saved the low Foden effort for example, but in every other aspect he is far superior. Much better with the ball and would never be caught dropping a ball under minimal pressure and wailing to the referee!

The way he claims crosses is a proper throwback to the old school keepers. The amount of dangerous crosses he just swallows up with a minimum of fuss will be missed when he is gone. Loads of modern keepers hide on the goalline or offer a punch clear, even ones that play for other top clubs.

I think, if needs arise, that Pep might replace Eddie with Ortega mid match and push Eddie into defensive midfield one day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.