31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got round to watching the game back, first goal awful, other two hmmmm? …. brilliant with his feet, shot stopping is pitiful at times.

Not fit to lace Super Joey Harts or Big Joes bbbb … gloves!

Certainly fits our current setup better but dread to think what the score could have been on this day.

There is 1 great save on this clip. 1. Yeah, Joe had lots of action, but made 1 great save. The disrespect Eddy gets on this site.

1) Eddy is better at timing coming off his line on 1 v 1s. 2) He is better at positioning himself before a shot. 3) He is better at conceding fewer shots. 4) He is better at helping his team build offense and cohesion and keeping the ball. 5) He is overall a smarter goalie.

Joe has a stronger hand and a more physical presence. This has the potential to fool many. In the above clip their is 1 shot that might have gone in (the one Joe clawed) at 37 seconds. But then again I have seen Joe letting that in many times and Ederson clawing similar out many times.

In the below clip you can see him doing just that on save #5 and 4.

Ederson's timing on 1 vs. 1 is light years ahead of Joe's. But because it is not a sensational-looking stretch dive, most don't recognize how often this is an amazing save when he does it. If I had an issue with Ederson, it's his soft mittens. He needs to work on his parrying. He often gets to the ball (coz he is in fact more athletic and agile than Joe) but has an unusually soft glove for such a top keeper. It is almost as if he is trying to save a shot when a stiff parry is what's needed. And on other shots he soft parries when a save is needed.

But in any Pep team, I am taking Ederson over Joe everyday and twice on Sundays.

There is 1 great save on this clip. 1. Yeah, Joe had lots of action, but made 1 great save. The disrespect Eddy gets on this site.

1) Eddy is better at timing coming off his line on 1 v 1s. 2) He is better at positioning himself before a shot. 3) He is better at conceding fewer shots. 4) He is better at helping his team build offense and cohesion and keeping the ball. 5) He is overall a smarter goalie.

Joe has a stronger hand and a more physical presence. This has the potential to fool many. In the above clip their is 1 shot that might have gone in (the one Joe clawed) at 37 seconds. But then again I have seen Joe letting that in many times and Ederson clawing similar out many times.

In the below clip you can see him doing just that on save #5 and 4.

Ederson's timing on 1 vs. 1 is light years ahead of Joe's. But because it is not a sensational-looking stretch dive, most don't recognize how often this is an amazing save when he does it. If I had an issue with Ederson, it's his soft mittens. He needs to work on his parrying. He often gets to the ball (coz he is in fact more athletic and agile than Joe) but has an unusually soft glove for such a top keeper. It is almost as if he is trying to save a shot when a stiff parry is what's needed. And on other shots he soft parries when a save is needed.

But in any Pep team, I am taking Ederson over Joe everyday and twice on Sundays.

Eddie is the perfect keeper for this team but would not have shone in that team both were/are perfect fit for the time

Poor for the opener but shocked at people thinking he should have done more on the second and third. He's been left out to dry the last few weeks on the whole.

I said it after the last game but he's been world-class for well over a year now.

He's been completely left out to dry all season by the players in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.