31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ. Fair play to Kova (and Son) here. Amazed he was allowed to play on!

Having seen this as well as the state of his face after the game (and now confirmation of the fracture) I feel like we've reached a point where we need independent medical staff to be assessing players after head injuries. I just can't fathom how he was allowed to play on. The authorities keep claiming to be taking this kind of thing seriously but I've seen little evidence that any of the clubs are.

Having seen this as well as the state of his face after the game (and now confirmation of the fracture) I feel like we've reached a point where we need independent medical staff to be assessing players after head injuries. I just can't fathom how he was allowed to play on. The authorities keep claiming to be taking this kind of thing seriously but I've seen little evidence that any of the clubs are.
Seems he doesn’t have concussion though. They subbed him when they saw his eye was closing up.

Seems he doesn’t have concussion though. They subbed him when they saw his eye was closing up.

He'd took a massive blow to his head. Regardless of whether he had a concussion or not, he's taken a hit that visibly wiped him out at the time and has since been confirmed to have caused a fracture to his head. He shouldn't have been allowed to play on. It's not just us, you see it all the time.

He'd took a massive blow to his head. Regardless of whether he had a concussion or not, he's taken a hit that visibly wiped him out at the time and has since been confirmed to have caused a fracture to his head. He shouldn't have been allowed to play on. It's not just us, you see it all the time.
Sure, but they are medically trained and made the decision as soon as they saw it could be serious.

If there are no signs of concussion, no obvious breaks and a player isn’t telling you the level of pain he’s in, it’s difficult to know for sure. They did assess him for 5 minutes.

An independent doctor wouldn’t get any more information and would probably make a similar decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.