32 | Maximo Perrone - 2023/24 | On loan at Las Palmas

And he played a decent game too.
Going just by a hazy memory ... over his last 5 starts ... first 2 bad, gaff-prone, yuck, yanked in both starts ... next 2 okay, eliminated the gaffs at least ... and lastly a MotM-esque performance vs Barca.

The way he played vs Barca reminded me of when he and Velez stifled the Julian/Enzo River team over 2 legs for a 1-0 agg victory in the Copa Libs 18 months ago.

Having said all that ... he is and will always be the least athletic outfield player on any field he walks out onto for the rest of his career. Having declared that tho ... LP just played 90 mins of high line defense against Barca with MP effectively ensconced between the center halves in a line of 5 at times. Barca were offside 14 times.

Last edited:
Having said all that ... he is and will always be the least athletic outfield player on any field he walks out onto for the rest of his career.
I had the same observation and it could make it difficult for him to make switch to a PL regular. But I also remember thinking similar about Douglas Luiz while at Girona and he's doing alright.

Las Palmas back to winning ways and up to seventh with their 3-0 home victory over Villarreal.
Watched most of the match, Perrone was in a rocking chair. About the most uneventful 90 mins you've ever seen for a DM. He had a 90% pc rate and just jogged around in position making himself available for a bump.

Watched most of the match, Perrone was in a rocking chair. About the most uneventful 90 mins you've ever seen for a DM. He had a 90% pc rate and just jogged around in position making himself available for a bump.

no ball recoveries or tackles?

Seems to be playing full 90 min matches now and Las Palmas are currently in 7th so it's good for his development. If he keeps developing physically he will become a great backup for Rodri for us in the future!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.