32 | Maximo Perrone - 2023/24 | On loan at Las Palmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Bailey wrote: "Perrone is expected to feature prominently in pre-season games."
I have a very good feeling about this player, but it is based on absolutely nothing other than gut-feel. I'm sure that all of us who watch the game feel something about a player that we cannot quite put our finger on. Perhaps the way someone moves, or the way they scan the pitch, but I have a feeling about this guy that he could become a special player. As always, I hope it's with us.

I have a very good feeling about this player, but it is based on absolutely nothing other than gut-feel. I'm sure that all of us who watch the game feel something about a player that we cannot quite put our finger on. Perhaps the way someone moves, or the way they scan the pitch, but I have a feeling about this guy that he could become a special player. As always, I hope it's with us.

Pep seems to be a big fan…

I haven't really seen Pep comment about him - what makes you think that?

Couple of things. He was part of the CL squad semi final game away at Madrid. Perrone flew straight to Argentina after that game for the U20 World Cup. When Argentina got knocked out, he flew back to the U.K. and the day he landed in London he joined the squad for the FA cup final. To me that suggests Pep was eager to get him involved with the squad.

He also said this…

I haven't really seen Pep comment about him - what makes you think that?
“He is a player who is faster with his head than with his legs. I think he’ll grow being with us from the rhythm, from the physicality. Sometimes we’re looking for players to play in the position in the smaller spaces. He’s good, really really good”, said Guardiola

Guardiola also explained how Perrone’s move to City came about. “He arrived from our scout in South America, Joan Patsy in South America. He already advised me on Gabriel (Jesus), Julian (Álvarez), and now Máximo. I had some clips and information, but honestly, I didn’t know him and the players didn’t know him. We thought ‘wow he moves well’, his individual quality is really there.

Couple of things. He was part of the CL squad semi final game away at Madrid. Perrone flew straight to Argentina after that game for the U20 World Cup. When Argentina got knocked out, he flew back to the U.K. and the day he landed in London he joined the squad for the FA cup final. To me that suggests Pep was eager to get him involved with the squad.

He also said this…

I had seen that and forgotten about it. It probably aligns with my thoughts and why I couldn't really articulate what I thought about Perrone - he looks like a player who understands the game, sees the game and knows what to do before anyone else: sometimes you get a player who sees the game quicker than others can.

If Kovacic is a starter in the control position, then Perrone (and Lewis) are the perfect understudies.

None of these 3 players are seen as goals or assists players, but players you need to help control the game.

He looked better than macatee in the role. his game is based similarly to the man he replaced, bernardo silva. like him he can help with build up play deeper but also move higher up and participate in attacking moves. a very refined player already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.