34 years on and it’s still 5-1

I was also 14 then. Didn't cross my mind then that I would be a full grown man by the time we next beat the bastards after a trip up and down the divisions. Never dreamed after the last Maine Rd Derby we would go on to surpass them on and off the pitch.
September 23rd 1989 will always be a bit special as Derby day memories go.
Chance at the far post. That's just marvellous stuff.

Battered them on and off the pitch. Fantastic day and I think the media mentioned the comparative costs of the squads all game…

I was also 14 then. Didn't cross my mind then that I would be a full grown man by the time we next beat the bastards after a trip up and down the divisions. Never dreamed after the last Maine Rd Derby we would go on to surpass them on and off the pitch.
September 23rd 1989 will always be a bit special as Derby day memories go.
Chance at the far post. That's just marvellous stuff.
The week before my 11th birthday and went with my Dad. By the time we beat them again, I was a Dad.

I think the front cover of the following KOTK had a cartoon of Machin and the Pisscan playing snooker with Mel saying "it's five for the blue and one for the red".
A few weeks later Mel Machin was sacked and a rag fanzine (possibly Rag Tissue) wanted the GPC to be sacked. If only the club had listened.

I was 16, my first derby and remember it like yesterday.
Getting the match special bus back into town after the match passing thousands of Rags walking into town who had performed their usual fire drill when they're losing.
Bus driver was a blue and he put 5-1 as the bus number and beeping his horn at the Rags as we held 5 fingers up and laughed at them as we passed them.
If we were small time classless wankers we could get a banner saying 34 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.