34 years on and it’s still 5-1

Sad about your mate's Mum, nice touch after all these years.
We played Luton at home the following Saturday and won.
Arsenal was 3 weeks after the 5-1 in those yellow shirts and we got dicked 4-0.
I was at Highbury that day.i knew we d get beat when City ran out in effing yellow...wtf?!!
Pathetic away strip and dismal performance. Not a good memory!

I was at Highbury that day.i knew we d get beat when City ran out in effing yellow...wtf?!!
Pathetic away strip and dismal performance. Not a good memory!
Yeah i was there too, a collective wtf when they ran out in yellow.
Am unsubstantiated rumour was that Swales took a backhander from a banana importer for this as it was during the inflatable banana craze.

Before the game absolutely everyone in the Boozer thought we were going to get battered -they had won 5-1 at Derby the week before IIRC. So what followed was just surreal -and we basically declared at 5-1 with 30 minutes to go. Who remembers the “No More Excuses” banner in the Away end?!
And the Fergie Out chants too

Sad about your mate's Mum, nice touch after all these years.
We played Luton at home the following Saturday and won.
Arsenal was 3 weeks after the 5-1 in those yellow shirts and we got dicked 4-0.
Thanks
I knew it was soon after, cant remember the yellow shirts, but I know David Rocastle , Paul Davis etc dominated their midfield

His comments on live TV about the Silva<>Mendy racism tweet suggested that he was anything but "one of us".
I must be one if the few that missed that as I’ve never really got the animosity towards him,what did he say !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.