34 years on and it’s still 5-1

I was 14 too and is easily my best Maine Road memory. The kippax that day was amazing, totally packed and we watched from near the half way line as it was too packed to get anywhere near the top left where we usually watched from. In the pandemonium after the first goal my shoe came off, when it slightly calmed down I saw it a few steps ahead and grabbed it, managed to push it on then looked up to see the second goal by Morley. Cue mentalness again. By the time the celebrations for that goal calmed down I remember being totally out of breath like I’d run 400 metres flat out.

Strange how (c)Hinchcliffe turned so, er, indifferent to us.
He annoys me but I think he just tries to be as non-bias as possible to stay more professional for the TV audience (unlike Neville and Carragher). And for us that seems like he’s being anti-City because we’re more sensitive to what he says.

He slipped in one game last season though where he was watching two struggling teams where their fans were going mad at their own players a lot and he said something about that but then said, ‘but that’s easy for me to say when I support a team that wins all the time’.

Never knew about the trouble early on.
There was trouble late on n’all. When Hinchliffe stuck the 5th in, United fans started rioting in the Platt Lane and was smashing the wooden seats up to fuck and slinging the wood into the Main Stand.

I was in the Main Stand and was only seven and was mesmerised by them stamping in the benches and smashing them up.

Then nearly all of them left at the same time haha

There was trouble late on n’all. When Hinchliffe stuck the 5th in, United fans started rioting in the Platt Lane and was smashing the wooden seats up to fuck and slinging the wood into the Main Stand.

I was in the Main Stand and was only seven and was mesmerised by them stamping in the benches and smashing them up.

Then nearly all of them left at the same time haha
Our bus driver on the match special back into town was a blue and told me he was sat in the corner between the Main and Platt Lane stands.
He said that drivers were housed there every home fixture back then.
I remember my mate's Dad who worked on the buses took my mate with him to see a game v Forest around 1980 when Deyna scored the winner and that they were housed in that section for free confirmed this too.
When the scum were moved out of The North Stand (how did Rags get tickets in The North Stand at every Maine Road Derby Bernard?) they were put there with the bus drivers rather than throwing them out.
Told me he had to sit on his hands and that it took every ounce of self restraint not to give himself away.

He annoys me but I think he just tries to be as non-bias as possible to stay more professional for the TV audience (unlike Neville and Carragher). And for us that seems like he’s being anti-City because we’re more sensitive to what he says.

He slipped in one game last season though where he was watching two struggling teams where their fans were going mad at their own players a lot and he said something about that but then said, ‘but that’s easy for me to say when I support a team that wins all the time’.
Pretty much spot on.

All the over sensitive fannys on here don’t take into account that he’s just a guy tryna earn a living with a broadcaster and has to be impartial. They take impartial as anti city. If any of em ever went to a game they’d know that many fans in the ground are far more critical of City during a game than Hinchy ever is - doesn’t stop em being proper blues.

Worse still are the morons whose milkman’s cousin’s girlfriend’s boss once saw Andy smile when Utd scored and based on such incontrovertible evidence believe him definitely to be a rag

Hinchy’s one of us and always will be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.