37 years ago today - Heysel Disaster

I remember the day after Heysel, Comrade Von Hatton standing outside Liverpool town hall calling for a ‘ friendly ‘ to be announced immediately between Liverpool and Juventus to show how caring the Scousers really were.
37 years later and still no admission of guilt or apology. Even their own chairman, John Smith said at the time that it was the National Front from London who did it and nothing to do with Liverpool fans. Quite staggering that even to this day that club has never been held to account for this.

It's really sad that the English FA or the government never punished Liverpool and its fans by demotion to none league football or ban them completely from any sort of football ? They were representing England and the FA and let everybody down,

people losing their lives because of your fans fighting is a shocking crime, but even worst was the little to no punishment to the football club ? Every other English club and their fans got the blame and punished for what went on that night, the FA let all its other fellow member clubs down by not punishing Liverpool

this is why all other clubs and fans HATE Liverpool ? They got away with murder

I’ve never minded Lawrenson, which I know goes against the grain for many on here. Think he was pretty honest there, sometimes to his detriment.

The reason it’s never talked about is quite obvious though. It isn’t strange at all if you realise the motivation behind it. It’s actually a perfectly natural reaction for people in denial.
That's a remarkably honest account from Lawrenson. I bet LFC want to have a word with him about it. 'Brief' him. Hm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.