37 years ago today - Heysel Disaster

Phil Neal won't be happy about this !!

I’ve never minded Lawrenson, which I know goes against the grain for many on here. Think he was pretty honest there, sometimes to his detriment.

The reason it’s never talked about is quite obvious though. It isn’t strange at all if you realise the motivation behind it. It’s actually a perfectly natural reaction for people in denial.

I’ve never minded Lawrenson, which I know goes against the grain for many on here. Think he was pretty honest there, sometimes to his detriment.

The reason it’s never talked about is quite obvious though. It isn’t strange at all if you realise the motivation behind it. It’s actually a perfectly natural reaction for people in denial.

The reason why nobody brings it up is because of the blame lies on liverpool's door step

But, we seldom see any admittance of guilt from them.

That is the standout point for me, the guilt
you hoped somebody would have stood up and said sorry and blame their own fans

even today and the Champions League final, Klopp in the build up saying it's OK to go without tickets ? no its not because you're asking for trouble, don't you ever learn ? This is why i think uefa should have come down hard on Liverpool and the manager and fans ? Every single fan without a ticket was the major problem for the police and officials ?

Go and look at the scenes from the game and take note of the liverpool fans in their end ? You will see the stairways full of fans standing and blocking the exits ? There are thousands of fans without tickets in the ground ? It's not rocket science is it

please, uefa grow some balls and call it out ? You have all the evidence you need right there ? one ticket one seat

That is the standout point for me, the guilt
you hoped somebody would have stood up and said sorry and blame their own fans

even today and the Champions League final, Klopp in the build up saying it's OK to go without tickets ? no its not because you're asking for trouble, don't you ever learn ? This is why i think uefa should have come down hard on Liverpool and the manager and fans ? Every single fan without a ticket was the major problem for the police and officials ?

Go and look at the scenes from the game and take note of the liverpool fans in their end ? You will see the stairways full of fans standing and blocking the exits ? There are thousands of fans without tickets in the ground ? It's not rocket science is it

please, uefa grow some balls and call it out ? You have all the evidence you need right there ? one ticket one seat
Would be nice to see the authorities, media and politicians in this country calling it out too.

I remember the day after Heysel, Comrade Von Hatton standing outside Liverpool town hall calling for a ‘ friendly ‘ to be announced immediately between Liverpool and Juventus to show how caring the Scousers really were.
37 years later and still no admission of guilt or apology. Even their own chairman, John Smith said at the time that it was the National Front from London who did it and nothing to do with Liverpool fans. Quite staggering that even to this day that club has never been held to account for this.

They were just protecting themselves apparently.

By breaking through the fence. Brave fellows
Untitled.jpg

This skidmark tells the truth, dipper style

---------------------------------------------------------------
Comments from the then LFC chairman John Smith :

“As a Liverpool fan I don’t feel any culpability whatsoever. I did not choose that ground. I did not make the security arrangements. I wasn’t involved in the fracas that happened by the chicken wire separating those Liverpool and Juventus fans"

"I have evidence that a mindless handful of national front members were behind this appalling tragedy"

Chelsea hooligans known as "the headhunters" were also blamed due to the "number of southern accents heard in the crowd"
--------------------------------------------------------------

2005 - 20 years. Why so long ? You knew you were accountable a few hours later.
2005.jpg

2022 Paris - Has the behaviour and attitude of that fanbase and club hierarchy even remotely changed ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.