3rd tier added

Maybe he said 'economically viable' then

In some ways it would be a shame to spoil the simplicity of the exterior by bolting on extra bits like the swamp. Their extra tier looks shite from the outside and the seats beneath it are a nightmare.

I say leave it the size it is and tough shit to anyone who can't get in.

"Where were you when we were shite?"

I thought the stadium was designed with expansion in mind? In fact I swear I read the masterplan that said as much.

been done many times this 3rd tier, yes anythings possible but the whole roof would have to be removed as it acts as one stressed structure - you cannot just extend one end & use the rest of the stadium & its not a close season job - much bigger/longer than that

all modern stadiums are built to leave room for expansion, or at least to make it possible.

It wouldnt look like that anyway, they would have to fill in the corners of the third tier first and raise the roof of the ends of the north and south stand. good luck getting the north stand to raise the roof!

I would say about it would be nealry 60,000 if they get them done. Hopefully making the tickets cheaper.

Are we not jumping the gun a little here. We need to fill the second tier up before we need to build the third.

technically it could be done due to the state of the art design of the stadium. even when it was designed for the commonwealth games, major work was done to close up the stadium and uncovered the pitch level by removing the athletics track.

so the artitects would have had a brief for extension the two ends higher to fit the rest of the stadium.

we are probably the best ground tht can extended unlike the rags who have run out of space and the scousers have to upsticks somewhere else.

i'd say doing both ends would get it close to 60k+

Frank Gallagher said:
been done many times this 3rd tier, yes anythings possible but the whole roof would have to be removed as it acts as one stressed structure - you cannot just extend one end & use the rest of the stadium & its not a close season job - much bigger/longer than that

yep...and what would happen when the season re starts...play at old trafford??!!

everyone seems to think expanding the stadium would be really easy...but it would take a long time constructing it

would you really be happy playing our home games elsewhere for a season or two?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.